Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

160mm liner and prop

I am sure there as few post on this but how are you guys liking the 160MM and what prop are you running. I am just thinking about what to do for a pump/prop setup

+1
    I had the 160 liner setup and didn't like it. Wasn't making enough power for it with the B wheel and R1.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shhr View Post
    I am sure there as few post on this but how are you guys liking the 160MM and what prop are you running. I am just thinking about what to do for a pump/prop setup
    i tried the 160mm liner with the oem pump. was not impressed due to the loss of top end and rpms with a c3 wheel and the r2 reprogramming.
    when i did the 160 liner i had the the skat resized and repitched to a 12/21. which gave me rpms of 8000 to 8100 depending on the ring i used on the exit nozzle.
    so, i repitched it again to gain some more rpms. i dropped the pitch to a 12/19 picked up some more rpms about 250. so i was about 8300 depending on the rings on the exit nozzle and lost another 2 mph on the top end.
    needless to say i gave up and went back to the 155mm pump liner and had my skat resized and repitched to a 14/24. and i am getting real good results.......

+1
    The prop is the issue with C3/B1 power, there isn't one that I've seen that can get the rpms where the need to be without completely deforming the blades and making the prop ineffecient.

+1
    I couldn't get mine to work either. I chalked it up to my ski just not making as much power as I thought it was making.

Cavitation was totally gone but speed wasn't even close. Now I cavitate out of the hole but speed is good. Personally, I'd rather have the speed than the holeshot. This is after chasing the cavitation problem for a while.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    I couldn't get mine to work either. I chalked it up to my ski just not making as much power as I thought it was making.

Cavitation was totally gone but speed wasn't even close. Now I cavitate out of the hole but speed is good. Personally, I'd rather have the speed than the holeshot. This is after chasing the cavitation problem for a while.
    We should be able to figure out a way to have both. The fun factor with these skis really goes down when you can't peg it from idle. Ride a RXP-X or high powered Seadoo, its intoxicating.

+1
    Why not have the stock 155mm liner cut out to 157mm?? It would help get rid of cavitation some and would scrub less top speed than a 160mm liner. The only problem I see is getting a 157mm prop.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    Why not have the stock 155mm liner cut out to 157mm?? It would help get rid of cavitation some and would scrub less top speed than a 160mm liner. The only problem I see is getting a 157mm prop.
    Personally, I see that as too much to deal with when you can get a SD pump and use standard SD impellers. Just me though.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    We should be able to figure out a way to have both. The fun factor with these skis really goes down when you can't peg it from idle. Ride a RXP-X or high powered Seadoo, its intoxicating.
    I know what it feels like to have zero cavitation--it was actually hard for me to keep the ski in the water from a standstill.

It seems to be expensive to get rid of the cav. About $2K for a Skat and about the same for a Sea-Doo Conversion. And with the Conversion, BidDaddy will be adding comments about how good the Sea-Poo shtuff is...

Im running a 160mm liner and 15/23... My rpms are at 8000 but at 80+mph...

I'm changing to a twin prop for the 160mm liner this week, 13/18 inducer and 14/21 main... Still using the stock 6vein pump also...

I like it and dont have any issues with it other than turning higher rpms I cant say I lost any speed with it... The new set up will put me where I want to be...

Btw, this is my Sunday bike... Not the race bike...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information