Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Unhappy My 260X just died while at WOT!

Yesterday, I was running around 72MPH in some moderate chop and the red light came on and the engine stopped. The engine went down to idle speed while the ski came to an immediate and bucking halt. I had all to do to hang on from getting thrown off. After letting it idle for a minute or so, I started running it again and it felt fine. I stopped, pulled the seat off and took a look, but everything seemed fine. I started it up and brought the speed up to around 70MPH and it did the same thing again! This time I got thrown off when the ski hooked. I am now afraid of this ski and don't want to ride it again until I am positive the problem has been corrected..

We had this problem about a month ago. First the dealer said it was because I had too much oil! Then he found that was not the case when it happened again a week later. Then the dealer said it was becuase the fuel pressure went below 45psi (FYI, I am runing a 1:1 pulley and Powershot). He thought he had fixed the problem, but like I said the problem resurfaced yesterday. I did notice the rpms are down more than they should be (about 200 below where they should be for this August temp).

Any help would be appreciated?
    Last edited by Phil; 08-25-2010 at 09:47 AM.

+1
    if the light come on you would have a code as it would be in limp mode. f/p wont do it.

+1
    First: where do I look or what do I do to display this code? Second: what does "f/p" mean?

i had a problem with my 250 cutting out on the top end, kinda sounds like your problem. 4 dealer visits later they put a new fuel pump and wiring harness. Not sure if it applys to your problem just sharing my experiance. The dealer will fix it, just how long will it take them.

+1
    I was wondering if it could be the timing chain moving while I'm bouncing around.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    First: where do I look or what do I do to display this code? Second: what does "f/p" mean?
    FP means fuelpump ooops Fuel Pressure

+1
    not a hope, f/p = fuel pressure, by the way did you fit a high pressure f/pump with reg and return line?

I was wondering if it could be the timing chain moving while I'm bouncing around.

+1
    the code will be flashing on the display only whilst the light is on. otherwise take it to a stealer and they will be able to read the logged codes.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Yesterday, I was running around 72MPH in some moderate chop and the red light came on and the engine stopped. The engine went down to idle speed while the ski came to an immediate and bucking halt. I had all to do to hang on from getting thrown off. After letting it idle for a minute or so, I started running it again and it felt fine. I stopped, pulled the seat off and took a look, but everything seemed fine. I started it up and brought the speed up to around 70MPH and it did the same thing again! This time I got thrown off when the ski hooked. I am now afraid of this ski and don't want to ride it again until I am positive the problem has been corrected..

We had this problem about a month ago. First the dealer said it was because I had too much oil! Then he found that was not the case when it happened again and week later. Then the dealer said it was becuase the fuel pressure went below 45psi (FYI, I am runing a 1:1 pulley and Powershot). He thought he had fixed the problem, but like I said the problem resurfaced yesterday. I did notice the rpms are down more than they should be (about 200 below where they should be for this August temp).

Any help would be appreciated?
    OEM ECU does not monitor Fuel pressure
    sounds to me like the Air horn trumpet possible
    and if the powers shot loose power it will only lean your ski off,
    check airbox trumpet, than bypass that stupid powershot POS

Waz

Phil this also happened to me. I almost flew over the bars when I was running WOT. I spoke with several on the forum who expressed their concerns about the air temp in the IC at long WOT runs. I ordered the Temp Sensor Interfacer for the Intercooler from R&D. My ski has'nt done it since I installed it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information