Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultra150 Forum

+1

Ultra150 Forum

I hope this message board never turns into what the Ultra150 has become.
    I used to be a frequent poster on that site because most of my knowledge is Kawasaki related. Now it seems like the majority of posts there are mindless chit-chat and name calling. Someone had mentioned that the forum will be history now that the Ultra 150 will no longer be produced in 2006. I replied that I intend to start a Kawi 4 stroke performance forum to help owners get the most out of their new skis. The powers to be deleted my post ! Do they fear competition? Or are they afraid of the useful information that might be exchanged on another Kawasaki forum minus the BS !! The person who runs that forum hasn't changed the home page since last years World Finals. He seems to welcome all the name calling that goes on. He allows certain individuals to continue posting after they screwed other members out of money and parts. Yet, let someone make a post about a forthcoming 4-stroke forum, and he has it deleted immediately ! What a way to run a show.

Richard

+1
    Thats a damn shame!

I assure you I will never let this forum turn into something like that.

+1
    I remember a guy years ago that was grinding heads with a dremel tool doing all of the Ultra stuff, I wonder if it is his site???

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    Well guys I have been saying the same about this site, monoculture is NOT a good thing, I talked a lot with Jerry about that and I know he is well aware of these problems and already knows how to avoid such disaster.
    He just proved it opening his Yamaha section and I am sure whatever new trend in musclecraft performance will be respected and will find his place in Hulk's universe.

I do like and respect lots of people over there at Ultra150 but it's rather compelling that focusing only on "the fastest ski on the market" was its strength is now its weakness because it's no longer the fastest.

fabrication guru rapidacceleration's Avatar
    +1
    ive alwas looked at this site as a wealth of 4-tec info.
    not just for RXP's but for all 4-tec models and yami's now too.
    with my project I was able to find alot of info and straight awnsers with no BS. everyone here is into one thing--going fast and thats all the info im in need of.

This is my first post here but I'm a frequent board reader on all boards that I can find and because of that I have seen alot of people here on other boards. I have been on Ultra150.com many times and while I don't agree with everything posted there it is still a good site but its a business owned site and therefore not as open as one that is not.

Richard, as I recall you either have or had a parts business selling pwc parts correct? And now your advertising a new Kawasaki based site on Ultra150.com offering discounted parts to new members correct?( Yes I saw your post before it was deleted) So why would you not think that if you advertise a new Kawasaki based business site on an existing Kawasaki based business site that they would leave you alone?

I can't think of a single company that would allow their competition to use their advertising dollars to promote some new product.

I imagine that if the owner of this site was selling parts and service here that you would not be allowed to offer the same here without paying something in exchange.

+1
    Shogun; I was not advertising a new site...I had mentioned that I plan on making a new Kawi 4-stroke site in the future because Ultra150.com has become dated. I made no reference to what it will be called. The thread I posted on had complaints on it about the fact that the Ultra150 will be history in 2006. I pointed out the need for a change. Even if the new site had a name...why couldn't it be mentioned on Ultra150? Practically every site has "links" to other sites. I guess Steve lives in a house without windows or mirrors. He must be afraid of his shadow !!

Richard

What does the life span of the Ultra model have to do with the lifespan of a web site? I would imagine that site would change with whatever Kawasaki should release. I went back and looked at the thread your refering to and It looks like their talking about the new model. When kawasaki decides to quit making the Ultra model their will still be owners looking for information as well as owners of the next generation of jetski. Your tying the website to just that jetski only.

I'm sure when Seadoo stops making the Rxp this site will still be going strong. By the Way I would like to give Jerry Kudo's for a very nice board.

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shogun
    I would imagine that site would change with whatever Kawasaki should release.
    Yeah but they didn't.

What is the difference between Ultra150.com and Rxpperformance.com if you talk about Stx1200R's/15F's and Rxt's? I thought the important thing was to be able to find information when you wanted it. The names are only a link to the information. I would go to X2.com if it had people who knew something about my current model.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information