Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question about winterizing

I have a 2008 GTX 155HP Sea Doo. Would I be safe from freezing if I performed the following procedure. Put a bilge pump in a 5 gallon bucket and attached to flush port on ski. Start ski then turn on pump until I see antifreeze coming out of exhaust. This seems like the easiest way to protect from freezing. All of the other procedures for storage seem pretty straight forward. Thanks in advance for your help.

+1
    thats correct... use the bucket with a pump and wait for the antifreeze to flow through and out the exhaust. on your last ride i might add use some fuel stablizer in the fuel tank . Upon winterizing your ski do the following

-stabilize fuel
    -use bucket and pump to push pink antifreeze through your ski while running until it comes out the exhaust
    -03-05 models fog by pulling the injectors and giving a fuel squirts of fogging oil down OR pull the spark plugs and drizzle a bit down and bump it over.
    -06-current have the fogging straw going into the TB and intake manifold
    -disconnect battery... give the ski a good clean and put it away!

+1
    how many gph is the bilge pump??
    i prefer to use a pool pump or sump pump . gets alot more antifreeze going thru.
    some skis have telltale, the pisser that shoots water from the side of the hull...
    on mine, with just a bilge pump, pisser doenst really spit much out.
    with the pool pump, pisses like i am going 30 mph on the water!!
    i perfer full pressure when winterizing, maybe its nothing to be concerned with , but since i got a pool pump i use it

+1
    i use something like this, threads to a standard garden hose, very convenient, punmps alot more than a bilge pump,
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Water-Ace-1-6-HP...efaultDomain_0
    somewhere around 1200 - 2000 GPH
    plugs into a regular 110 outlet so i dont need ot run down the ski battery.
    i do 3 skis in 1 hour with this setup, recycle most of the antifreeze, check inbetween with an antifreeze checker.
    good idea is to blast most of the water out of the exhaust before you start, then it doesnt mix with the antifreeze and dilute it.

+1
    depends what kind of ski it is.... if its 2stroke or 4..... all 4tecs all you need to do is get antifreeze through the intercooler... the block itself drains. any bilge pump will work... i use a 500gph for winterizing boats as well .. it forces the antifreeze in .... works fine and recycle the antifreeze with a catch pail but like lextoy mentioned let it run for a few so the water doesnt dilute the antifreeze

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbullet View Post
    depends what kind of ski it is.... if its 2stroke or 4..... all 4tecs all you need to do is get antifreeze through the intercooler... the block itself drains. any bilge pump will work... i use a 500gph for winterizing boats as well .. it forces the antifreeze in .... works fine and recycle the antifreeze with a catch pail but like lextoy mentioned let it run for a few so the water doesnt dilute the antifreeze

4tecs are closed cooled motors. only the exhaust has to be winterized. If its S/C'ed, so does the IC. The 155 in this thread is not SC'ed, so only the exhaust needs to be drained and have antifreeze put in it. you can pump it in if you want, or pull the hoses, drain it, and pour it in. If you pump it in, I'd recommend the -100 pink (NON toxic) RV antifreeze. if there is still any water and it mixes with it, you will still be protected. If you use the -50 stuff, and it mixes with water, its protection goes away in a hurry.

+1
    thats correct!^^

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    TTT

Guys I have a 2005 RXP, in Australia so stopped using it around May, is now August, have started it twice in that period, if I haven't fogged am I likely to incurr damage when I ride it next or should I be ok? Got used every weekend over summer though.

+1
    stored indoors?? dry?? fuel stabilized?? was it flushed with fresh water prior to storage?
    exhaust cleared after flushing? flushed when run over th winter.
    moisture internal inside the exhaust sytem will condense inside exhasut valves and cylinder walls,
    so the less moisture the better. fuel will go bad in a few months if not stabilized...
    i owuld pull teh fuel out and run it in a lawnmower, add fresh fuel to the ski, not fogging wasnt the best thing you could do, but probably didnt hurt anything.
    did you change the oil before you put it away??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information