YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1

Smile Is my ski running good or it was that FZR

I got into a race last saturday at a lake, the guy had a a 2010 blue FZR, mods ( he told me) he have ride plate, didnt ask for brand, air filter, intake grate two line of gas, now i had full tank two exaust boxes the black boxes removed thats all,,,and he was one ski on front of me, i just wanna know if my ski is runnin good, any of you have had any better results with these setups any experience with stock SHO vs FZR with these mods ???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_Fast_SHO View Post
    I got into a race last saturday at a lake, the guy had a a 2010 blue FZR, mods ( he told me) he have ride plate, didnt ask for brand, air filter, intake grate two line of gas, now i had full tank two exaust boxes the black boxes removed thats all,,,and he was one ski on front of me, i just wanna know if my ski is runnin good, any of you have had any better results with these setups any experience with stock SHO vs FZR with these mods ???
    Firstly, only girls ride FZ's
    Real men ride SHO's (especially the cruiser models).

Second, what water conditions were you in. If you were in the rough/chop, the SHO hull design is better for hookup than the FZ. Lie under each one (side by side) for half an hour and have a good study of them. Big differences.

Or it just the luck of the draw. Yours was a Friday build and his was a Monday build

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    firstly, only girls ride fz's
    Real men ride sho's (especially the cruiser models).

second, what water conditions were you in. If you were in the rough/chop, the sho hull design is better for hookup than the fz. Lie under each one (side by side) for half an hour and have a good study of them. Big differences.

Or it just the luck of the draw. Yours was a friday build and his was a monday build:d
    water was pretty calm no chop at all,,,, i just got surprised cuz as i heard sho's wieight 200 punds more than fz's and i had full tank of gas, plus some water botles, so with those mods i tought he was going to smoke my ass,

As far as I know the FZ is slightly faster that the SHO out of the box (depending on conditions). Also, the results you posted are expected if not a little better for you than I might have thought.
    A rideplate on your ski would certainly help.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shobiz View Post
    as far as i know the fz is slightly faster that the sho out of the box (depending on conditions). Also, the results you posted are expected if not a little better for you than i might have thought.
    A rideplate on your ski would certainly help.
    i just bought my ski so i havent change the intake grate yet,,,lol im not going to see a plate in a while, intake grate is the first option

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_Fast_SHO View Post
    #1 the 2010 FZR's dont come in blue, only in red and im suprised he didnt walk all over your ski. It seems as though you ski is in greaat condition to keep up with a FZR with those specs.

+1
    The weight difference between a SHO and FZR is only about 45 lbs, not 200 lbs. Maybe he's lost about another 10 lbs or so with the mods he's done. Don't know how long your race was, but if it had been longer, he probably would have beat you by more. If it was a blue FZR, it was an '09. With the mods he should have about 3-5 MPH more than yours on top speed, and about 1/4 to 1/2 second faster 0-60 time, so if it was about 1/4 mile or less race, it sounds like a length or 2 is all he would have beaten you by.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 64physhy View Post
    The weight difference between a SHO and FZR is only about 45 lbs, not 200 lbs. Maybe he's lost about another 10 lbs or so with the mods he's done. Don't know how long your race was, but if it had been longer, he probably would have beat you by more. If it was a blue FZR, it was an '09. With the mods he should have about 3-5 MPH more than yours on top speed, and about 1/4 to 1/2 second faster 0-60 time, so if it was about 1/4 mile or less race, it sounds like a length or 2 is all he would have beaten you by.
    +1 same thing I was thinking, good info.

Thread Information