1991 seadoo sp premix conversion

1991 seadoo sp premix

I just recently got a 1991 sp and did a top end rebuild. I am having a problem with the injection pump. it runs good but is shooting too much oil into the cylinders and fouling the plugs. Can i remove the injection system, install a block plate and run premix 40:1? Where can i get the block off plate? any help would be awesome!!

+1
    You can buy a block off plate one at any online store; but first check the shop manual, you have to adjust the oil pump. Are you using quality oil?

yeah i am running spectro's marine extreme fully synthetic 2 cycle injector oil. when i get the engine cleared the unit will start and run pretty good but smoke heavily and does not clear up after warmyp like it should, oil then starts to drip out of the exaust. then it will get so much oil in the cylinders that it oil fouls the plugs. The injection is in sinc with the throttle per the manual. I just have heard of alot of ppl doing the conversion and think it would make less headaches for me.

+1
    I'm stumped, maybe a bad seal in the oil pump, or something similar.
    I'm assuming that at WOT a normal oil pump is pumping at 100% equaling 40:1 ratio, same as if you would premix it. So regardless of the throttle position, a bad pump can only pump out a 40:1 ratio max, just a guess and I may be wrong, I usually am . I think we need a sticky on oil injection systems.

i most defenitly agree. I just dont want to mess with the system if it can be removed and premix used. what do you mean about adjusting the pump? i looked through the service manual and there is no instruction.

+1
    Pump look different then a 99, which is the only seadoo I ever had so thats all I know; If its the same as the 92 try the 92 manual for the sp, section 6-02-03, synchronization.

http://seadoomanuals.net/download/pd...hop-manual.pdf

Thread Information