Warranty Coverage

What does Sea Doo cover with their warranty? My hood support on my RXP stop working and the hood doesn't stay up. I want to know if stuff like this is covered.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboJames View Post
    What does Sea Doo cover with their warranty? My hood support on my RXP stop working and the hood doesn't stay up. I want to know if stuff like this is covered.
    Well, if it was in the first year you would be covered, but seeing as your ski is 3 years old, I'd say you have no coverage for the part unless you have the B.E.S.T. extended warranty and even then I think only major components (engine, etc.) are covered. I think you have to pay for this one.

Yep, B.E.S.T. does nothing for things like that. Just had the support for my GTX fail for the second time as well, $56 for a new one up here. BRP is having big issues with these shocks/supports but i believe NAPA stocks the same ones for the RXP for far less than BRP charges. There are a few threads on here about relocating mounting brackets due to poor factory installs which cause failure of the support as well.

+1
    I think it depends on the dealer, I just had a seat replaced on my ski, and both drain plugs and fittings replaced on my buddy's ski, both under BEST with a $50 deductable.

Quote Originally Posted by gbest View Post
    I think it depends on the dealer, I just had a seat replaced on my ski, and both drain plugs and fittings replaced on my buddy's ski, both under BEST with a $50 deductable.
    I think it depends on what the B.E.S.T. warranty covers. Has anyone read the contract? If you and your buddy's dealer replaced that stuff under BEST, either it is covered in the contract or he won't be getting reimbursed from BRP.

Try this for more information:

http://www.sea-doo.com/NR/rdonlyres/...tection_EN.pdf

I don't see any mention of seats and drain plugs in the above document.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gbest View Post
    +1, my hood strut went out on one of the RXT's last year and the B.E.S.T. warranty covered it, I think I had to pay a small deductible. It's a part that is prone to failure, simple as that. Some techs don't even know how to repair these correctly, and if they don't it pops out again within a few hours. The first dealer failed twice to resolve the problem; I actually had to take it to a second dealer in order to get it repaired properly. Never had another problem with it.

Thanks guys. I actually took the strut off and it seized. The dealer around me I would not trust with a bicycle.

Thread Information