Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1

How will reliability be affected...?

As some of you might know I've had a few problems with my couch lately. If all turns out fine when I get it back from the shop I will keep it. If not I will sell it and get an.... ......dont know yet...

So, if it runs fine, which Im hoping it will since Im having the tb bored to get that rust out of there, and it will be aligned since it was not and thats why it was giving me problems....I will keep it. Now, my question is, how will an intercooler setup affect my reliability? And possibly an aftermarket ECU...?

+1
    With an intercooler you don't give up much reliability and i have even noticed better fuel economy when cruising.

With the ECU you increase RPM's, any time you increase the operating range of the engine you reduce its reliability, but its not as bad as one would imagine. I ran a RR ECU on my ski for many many hours with no issues. It had 145 hours on it when i broke it down for the EMS buildup.
    You can get by without upgrading the valvetrain if you put enough pitch in your prop to keep the RPM's at a safe level, but its best to upgrade. This way you get the most performance out of it.

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    With an intercooler you don't give up much reliability and i have even noticed better fuel economy when cruising.

With the ECU you increase RPM's, any time you increase the operating range of the engine you reduce its reliability, but its not as bad as one would imagine. I ran a RR ECU on my ski for many many hours with no issues. It had 145 hours on it when i broke it down for the EMS buildup.
    You can get by without upgrading the valvetrain if you put enough pitch in your prop to keep the RPM's at a safe level, but its best to upgrade. This way you get the most performance out of it.
    I just posted on another thread somewhere about this valvetrain upgrade and what would the price for it be for an 8400rpm setup. Including labor if possible. I would guesstimate around $400...? Or am I too hopefull..?

Thread Information