Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is ultra lx really a dog?

I'm looking to buy my first ski and would like to stay with kawasaki because of the dealer I have and I've been reading that the ultra lx is way under powered and was just curiuos if this was the case and if so how much under powered? I'm a big guy,(250lb) and would like to pull tubes.

+1
    It'll pull tubes and cruise just fine, even with you riding 2 up. It's just not going to break any speed records.

cool, not really concerned with breaking speed records, just want something that rides nice and that i won't get completely blown away on

sounds like the ultra lx is perfect for your needs. Its insanely stable and has the power to do anything you could imagine. Not the fastest, but far from the slowest.

Went out last night and rode a buddies 2000 sea doo rx and was wanting more power, will the ultra lx be similar to this sea doo or is it faster?

The LX is going to run 52-53 mph.

+1
    I am a 220 pound guy who can stand on the side of my LX and it will not tip over. Stable Defiantely
    Ride comfort, Ultra hull.. Enough said
    You are asking this question on a go fast site.... what kind of answer do you think you will get. A mid 50 MPH ski that size is not a dog. Compared to a supercharged 250+ HP ski yes it is. What is the speeds of the other stock 3 seater N/A skis. I have mine running upper 50's. The GH world was right no 60 yet. Need .3 that I wil try to get this winter. The others are faster but not enough to give up what you are getting in the LX. A 15f that while yes is a 3 seater is a much smaller ski. Trust me hitting the water at 50 hurts enough. The ultra hull helps you stay in control while pulling anything. You will want the extra weight of the hull along with the stability. You can pull a skiier and she will track just as good and some boats. I have mine and would not trade it for anything. In the recreational family world I feel this is the best ski. While I know it is not legal, I have had 3 adults on the ski pulling 2 tubes with 2 kids per tube. It is big, reliable, carries all the fuel and has all the srorage you could possible need. I highly recommend the Ultra LX.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan View Post
    Went out last night and rode a buddies 2000 sea doo rx and was wanting more power, will the ultra lx be similar to this sea doo or is it faster?
    The LX is going to be considerably slower than the RX. I owned an RX and it was a 60 mph ski bone stock. Stability and handling is going to be MUCH better with the LX. I was never really to fond of the RX hull even though it's very easy to ride 2 up.

I know I'm new to this sport but, having been into the motorsports all my life,(bikes, wheelers, boats), I'm just afraid I'll buy something I think I'll be happy with only to want more 6 months down the road. How much more up keep is involved with the ultra 260lx?

+1
    not much more. There is a belt to change periodically and more frequent oil changes. The life expectancy of a forced induction motor is less than a naturally aspired motor too. More moving parts to fail, more expensive to fix without a warranty...etc etc etc. Plus a higher initial cost. Typical stuff, nothing major.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information