Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1

    2004 gtx sc overheating

    I took it in at lo
    dders marine in Cincinnati to have them check why it keeps flashing the temp warning. The ski has the riva stage one kit with 90 hours on it. He thought it was because of grooves in the wear ring causing areation to get into the exhaust. I think that's bull. Any other ideas?


  2. #2
    O'Connell-Ireland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Limerick, Ireland. Sea riding Kilkee, Co. Clare... masssive!!
    Posts
    37
    is the level in the cooler bottle right, i'd a leak in mine, drops over time so eventually reads high temp alarm....

  3. #3
    jbholcom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Signal Mountain, TN
    Posts
    17
    My 03 GTX SC was overheating in the past. I discovered a small fliter was filled with crap and restricting water flow. The filter is located on the end of the small hose that runs vertically from the hull down to the pump housing. The hose only about an inch or two long. I cleaned that out, then no more overheating. See if that works.

  4. #4
    jpeconsult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pineville, LA
    Posts
    5,448
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mooneyb91084 View Post
    I took it in at lo
    dders marine in Cincinnati to have them check why it keeps flashing the temp warning. The ski has the riva stage one kit with 90 hours on it. He thought it was because of grooves in the wear ring causing areation to get into the exhaust. I think that's bull. Any other ideas?
    I think you're right...bull. Does the engine seem hot? It could be the temp sensor going bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by O'Connell-Ireland View Post
    is the level in the cooler bottle right, i'd a leak in mine, drops over time so eventually reads high temp alarm....
    +1...Coolant and/or thermostat

    Quote Originally Posted by jbholcom View Post
    My 03 GTX SC was overheating in the past. I discovered a small fliter was filled with crap and restricting water flow. The filter is located on the end of the small hose that runs vertically from the hull down to the pump housing. The hose only about an inch or two long. I cleaned that out, then no more overheating. See if that works.
    Are you referring to the OPAS hose? The hose that gets capped off on the Riva Stage 1? I'm not sure how that would cause an overheat.

    I have had a bad waterbox, low coolant and clamped hoses (clamped during towing and forgot to remove) cause a high temp

    You need to question the dealer on his assumption in diagnosis. I would think a worn wear ring would only cause cavitation and NOT overheatting issues. --J

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-04-2006, 03:41 PM
  2. Anyone know where i can find a 2004 gtx sc aluminum pump
    By twiztedGTXsc in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-01-2006, 10:34 AM
  3. How much is a 2004 GTX SC with blown motor worth?
    By JAG in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-30-2006, 10:03 PM
  4. RXP ECU vs ROTAX RACING ECU for 2004 GTX SC LIMITED
    By Totallyblown in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-19-2005, 05:54 PM
  5. 2004 GTX SC with plastic pump?
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-15-2005, 09:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •