2004 gtx sc overheating

I took it in at lo
    dders marine in Cincinnati to have them check why it keeps flashing the temp warning. The ski has the riva stage one kit with 90 hours on it. He thought it was because of grooves in the wear ring causing areation to get into the exhaust. I think that's bull. Any other ideas?

Limerick, Ireland. Sea riding Kilkee, Co. Clare... masssive!!
    is the level in the cooler bottle right, i'd a leak in mine, drops over time so eventually reads high temp alarm....

My 03 GTX SC was overheating in the past. I discovered a small fliter was filled with crap and restricting water flow. The filter is located on the end of the small hose that runs vertically from the hull down to the pump housing. The hose only about an inch or two long. I cleaned that out, then no more overheating. See if that works.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mooneyb91084 View Post
    I took it in at lo
    dders marine in Cincinnati to have them check why it keeps flashing the temp warning. The ski has the riva stage one kit with 90 hours on it. He thought it was because of grooves in the wear ring causing areation to get into the exhaust. I think that's bull. Any other ideas?
    I think you're right...bull. Does the engine seem hot? It could be the temp sensor going bad.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Connell-Ireland View Post
    is the level in the cooler bottle right, i'd a leak in mine, drops over time so eventually reads high temp alarm....
    +1...Coolant and/or thermostat

Quote Originally Posted by jbholcom View Post
    My 03 GTX SC was overheating in the past. I discovered a small fliter was filled with crap and restricting water flow. The filter is located on the end of the small hose that runs vertically from the hull down to the pump housing. The hose only about an inch or two long. I cleaned that out, then no more overheating. See if that works.
    Are you referring to the OPAS hose? The hose that gets capped off on the Riva Stage 1? I'm not sure how that would cause an overheat.

I have had a bad waterbox, low coolant and clamped hoses (clamped during towing and forgot to remove) cause a high temp

You need to question the dealer on his assumption in diagnosis. I would think a worn wear ring would only cause cavitation and NOT overheatting issues. --J

Thread Information