Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

anyone ever use Langcourt for nikasil?

are they any good? i need to renick some cylinders and they're the closest ones to me..

Yep I used them. They sent my cylinders back looking like swiss cheese and charged me a boat load of money! They claim when they dip them in the hot cleaner if there is any corrosion it sometimes will eat through the cylinder water jackets.

So I told them after you dipped them into the cleaner why did you not call and tell me " hey before we charge you over $600 to repair and replate these cylinders you might want to just pay us a cleaning fee cause they are no good"

NOPE!!!! I get back un-usable cylinders (that I had to pay for) and they claimed that its my responsibility to know the condition of the cylinders.

USE MILLENNIUM DONT USE LANGCOURT!!!!

+1
    i've used millenium with great success.

Quote Originally Posted by fenn View Post
    i've used millenium with great success.
    +1 Talk to Kurt. Great guy send all my cyls to him. Remember if you guys race send in your resume. They do racer support.

I use Millenium exclusively...they aren't perfect, but any issues I've had, they've resolved to my satisfaction. I've never had a flaking Nikasil issue, like I've seen with Langcourt.

ive had a flaking issue with langcourt
    they say it was the 1st time they had seen it
    replated it for free but i was out the piston and the dome
    they also claimed it was from the cylinder being powercoated , but it was spray paint
    i wont use them again

Quote Originally Posted by slydogge View Post
    Yep I used them. They sent my cylinders back looking like swiss cheese and charged me a boat load of money! They claim when they dip them in the hot cleaner if there is any corrosion it sometimes will eat through the cylinder water jackets.

So I told them after you dipped them into the cleaner why did you not call and tell me " hey before we charge you over $600 to repair and replate these cylinders you might want to just pay us a cleaning fee cause they are no good"

NOPE!!!! I get back un-usable cylinders (that I had to pay for) and they claimed that its my responsibility to know the condition of the cylinders.

USE MILLENNIUM DONT USE LANGCOURT!!!!
    I'm dealing with this right now.... Sent 3 1300PV cylinders to Millenium to have the renic'd. I got them back and 2 of the 3 have pin holes in them. Didn't notice until I actually got the ski in the water. But now the motor looks like a water fountain in vegas when it's running.

Do you guys think using some JB weld to fill these holes will work? I know it will fill the hole and be able to handle the heat and pressure, but I guess I'm worried about the structural integrity of the cylinder.

I'm at a loss, never had this problem and I've had millenium replate plenty of cylinders for me in the past. Gonna call them first thing tomorrow morning and hopefully they'll have a good idea.

Thoughts?

Where is the water spraying from? The bottom of the cylinder? That's where the corrosion is usually the worst. I never have that issue on cylinders that are from freshwater...only salt. Thats why I don't like using cylinders from a salt boat.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    so far i've had good luck and good service from Langcourt. turnaround time was good, finished product looked good. i've done about 18-20 yamaha PV cylinders with them

Have not tried millenium tho.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by treemoney View Post
    I'm dealing with this right now.... Sent 3 1300PV cylinders to Millenium to have the renic'd. I got them back and 2 of the 3 have pin holes in them. Didn't notice until I actually got the ski in the water. But now the motor looks like a water fountain in vegas when it's running.

Do you guys think using some JB weld to fill these holes will work? I know it will fill the hole and be able to handle the heat and pressure, but I guess I'm worried about the structural integrity of the cylinder.

I'm at a loss, never had this problem and I've had millenium replate plenty of cylinders for me in the past. Gonna call them first thing tomorrow morning and hopefully they'll have a good idea.

Thoughts?
    Send them back to millenium to get rewelded & replated - they'll do it for free.
    I had the same issue - had pin hole from water jacket to transfer port

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information