1999 gp1200 yamaha

Please help.. I found a oil line off number 3 cylinder and replaced all three pistons. The cylinders were fine. Now it will no start do to no fuel from all three carbs. Fuel line in and out has gas but nothing into carbs? I did not take them apart.

Gainesville, Ga.. Lake Lanier ....... 2006 FXHO Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by nemolisa View Post
    Please help.. I found a oil line off number 3 cylinder and replaced all three pistons. The cylinders were fine. Now it will no start do to no fuel from all three carbs. Fuel line in and out has gas but nothing into carbs? I did not take them apart.
    I would go pre mix.....that means you buy a 'block off plate' ....remove the oil pump and cap the oil line to each carb.

Doing this...You will have deleted the problem that caused you to have to rebuild one cylinder....

I'm a rookie at this stuff but if it were me I would add a little oil and gas into each cylinder and start it up....

Butt....don't do that until someone that knows what they are talking about comes along

Bill

^ what he said. im a newbie aswell at this whole thing but thats the reason my 01 GPR1200 blew a rod through the case and took out the entire engine. I went premix for that reason alone. got a scare also with our 98 GP1200. my brother filled the oil tank with yamalube (its still on oil pump) and trailered it the 45min ride down to the lake. he fired it up.. oil light warning flashing. he quickly turned it off. pulled off the seat and the hull was filled with the oil that was just in the tank... the main feed line came off the carbs.. thank god it didnt pop off in the middle of the lake. he ended up getting it fixed quickly and went riding all day and no issues. but its scary that one tiny thing will destroy the whole motor in seconds

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nemolisa View Post
    pulse lines hooked up?
    fuel selector valve bad or in off position?
    fuel hoses swapped?

+1
    yep, most likely your fuel in and return lines are reversed.

+1
    Also consider that the 65U engine traditionally has been a hard to start engine. Installing a primer will make all of this go away.

When you disconnect the battery, you must also enter a code to get the engine to start.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by salty View Post
    Also consider that the 65U engine traditionally has been a hard to start engine. Installing a primer will make all of this go away.

When you disconnect the battery, you must also enter a code to get the engine to start.
    Tell me about it. The only way my 98 GP1200 would start cold was on a shot of starter fluid. Warmed up no problem.

+1
    had proublems with 760 and 1200 done upgrades for yamaha smaller holes in choke plates.still same thing primer all the way.have to hold throttel wide open whith choke pulled till it hits.check valves in carbs warp alot

Thread Information