2002 genesis NO SPARK QUESTION FLYWHEEL MAGNETS?

I have 2002 1200 no injection with no spark i spent a ton of time on the site reading about no spark!i did a lot of testing and after reading im going to R&R THE STATOR & CDI . KNOW FOR THE PROBLEM INSIDE THE FLYWHEEL THE PLASTIC PART THAT GOS AROUND OR OVER THE CRANK SHAFT has a SMALL MAGNET IN IT ? SHOULD IT ONLY HAVE ONE? MINE HAS A SPOT FOR 2 but only has one ? should it have 1 or 2 .thanx greg.p .

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Only one magnet present in the flywheel inner timing ring is normal

Did you loosen or remove the timing ring bolts?
    If so, be sure to put it back exactly where it came from. Even a couple of degrees different will affect engine operation.

no i didn't move the ring. its just that it had two spots for a magnet so just didn't want to put it back together without asking .i have a no spark problem and after reading all i could about no spark and performing test i think that the c.d.i unit was bad but I'm also replacing the stator because of a hi resistance on the test with the 9v . each time i rotated the shaft all positions were 110 ohm's that's 3 time as hi as test called for ,plus i read 3 post were the c.d.i box was replaced and it lasted 2 to 3 weeks before it went bad again so the c.d.i and stator was replaced. just insurance! p.s you must be the man with the pwc i think 90 percent of what i read is from you. nice and thank you for the ans.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by greg.p View Post
    ...I'm also replacing the stator because of a hi resistance on the test with the 9v . each time i rotated the shaft all positions were 110 ohm's that's 3 time as hi as test called for ...
    The exact ohms reading when the Hall Effect sensor is 'triggered' by the flywheel timing ring magnet is not important.

What is important is the ohms reading changes drastically from a very high ohms value to a very low ohms value as the flywheel is rotated past each Hall Effect sensor trigger position.

The exact low ohms reading will vary with the brand and model of multi-meter you are using.

If the Hall Effect ohms reading changes (as the flywheel rotates past the trigger position) from several meg-ohms or even 100's of kilo-ohms to just 110 ohms, that is enough of a change to trigger the CDI.

Thread Information