Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anybody have experience with a et race charger???

Im looking at buying a et race charger just wondering if anyone has any feedback...good or bad.

Moderated
    mine lasted 5 hours then touched down.

it was the 3rd time that charger failed on that ski.

the first two times, it lasted about 2 hours each according to chuck who built my conversion and it was the reason he sold it to me, he was over it after two failures. Sutre Art replaced/rebuilt them each time at no charge but one would expect 50 hours out of an SC before it needs a rebuild if its not used for racing and every 20 hours if it is used for racing.

I now run a les cook ckit and it has not had one issue.

thats my personal experience with them.

if you want to buy my one cheap, you can have it but it needs to have its wheel rebalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by izz0 View Post

the first two times, it lasted about 2 hours each according to chuck who built my conversion and it was the reason he sold it to me, he was over it after two failures. Sutre Art replaced/rebuilt them each time at no charge but one would expect 50 hours out of an SC before it needs a rebuild if its not used for racing and every 20 hours if it is used for racing.

if you want to buy my one cheap, you can have it but it needs to have its wheel rebalanced.
    Thanks for the info. How much more power did it produce compared to the ckit?

Moderated
    15-16lb @8650.

however I am not very good with tuning ems so it may have been me holding it back, speak to duke as he has worked with a few of them with decent results.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by izz0 View Post

Correct Izz, Im the one who did the work AFTER we recieved it back all three times from Art/Mark...Every time it cam back the slip was set well above 400 inch lbs..There was other issues too but i cannot remember all of them off hand as its been awhile since i worked on that charger..

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    33 .3 foot lbs..OMG ...surprised it didnt sanp the shaft......

i know a few people running them without issues...but like any charger..they need to be set proper..

and that boost seems low...that is 2 rude .or et 68 140 boost...they have a 145 wheel...they are up there with a rude 3 17 or slightly more..they are on the edge of requiring race fuel...

+1
    We've got 2. 1 with 60+ hrs and one with well over that without issue. I installed new bearings in the one with the most hrs (100+). 1 is the LE and the other is one of the first original 145's. Setting the slip too high on any charger is sure to fail.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by damo.r View Post
    Im looking at buying a et race charger just wondering if anyone has any feedback...good or bad.
    The newer LE or the old style 145mm?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    The newer LE or the old style 145mm?
    I was looking a the new LE 145mm race. Just trying to find out how good or how bad they are before spending alot of money and how they compare to the rude3 and the ckit?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    33 .3 foot lbs..OMG ...surprised it didnt sanp the shaft.........

Duke, We never let the Scer hit the ski with that kinda slip..As soon as Chuck got it back from Art/Mark we checked it righ away...It looked like they never even thought about checking it but only installed the MCmaster Carr washer like this and let it go....())))..

I am in no way bashing or saying anything negitive against the ET line of Scer wheels,This is just my experiance with this wheel...There are many ET line Scers out there running with no issues..Like Jim said,Its all on how you set it up and the components you use to set it up with IE: Clutches,washers Ect,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information