Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
    Morgan City, LA

2011 Yamaha Line Up

I had a chance to visit Yamaha several weeks ago to ride their latest creation, the VXR & VXS watercraft.

Also available in a silver color scheme

Video here

It seems Yamaha has been reading this forum and listening to what we have all been crying for. A smaller, lighter ski, with lots of power, big performance, and none of the bells and whistles that drive up cost. They have definitely moved in this direction with this new VXR/S watercraft.

The official weight of this ski is 721 pounds. That makes it the lightest runabout PWC in the industry. Unlike the previous VX model, this new VXR and VXS use the light weight NanoXcel hull. Take this light weight hull and drop in the potent 1800 CC power plant and you got yourself a naturally aspirated rocket ship with awesome handling.

I had my GPS with me and the VXR I was riding would consistently hit 65+ mph with a peak of 65.5. That's by far the fastest naturally aspirated 4 stroke ski I've ever been on.
    Handling was incredible. The ski is quick and nimble and snaps right out of a turn. I was testing this ski on a flat water lake, but would blast over boat wakes as fast as I could and the hookup of the ski was VERY good.

This ski is going to be a forced to reckoned with once the aftermarket releases products for this ski. Check out the new front grill. I can tell you Riva is already working on a true ram air intake for this ski. It's got a baffle box design to keep any ingested water out of the engine.

Riva also has a VXR prototype with a SHO motor with complete stage 3 kit and the ski is doing 85+ mph all day long. A turbo kit is in the works which will easily push this ski into the 90's.

For those wondering, Yes, I will be buying a VXR and will be doing a turbo build on it

Check out the color scheme of the VXS

I think Yamaha hit another home run with the new color scheme of the FZR. Of course, I'm a bit partial to the "Green" color scheme

Nice new color for the FZS

FZS in red

Here's the FXSHO

FX Cruiser SHO

VX Cruiser

Some information from Yamaha about their new line up
    Yamaha Introduces 2011 WaveRunners
    With New High Performance VXR Model

New VXR WaveRunner is the most affordable, high performance watercraft ever created

KENNESAW, GA – August 26, 2010 – Yamaha WaterCraft Group, a division of Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A., today introduced its 2011 line of WaveRunner® personal watercraft that includes the Yamaha VXR™ and VXS™, the industry’s first low priced, ultra high performance personal watercraft.

The all new Yamaha VXR and VXS WaveRunners feature Yamaha’s 1812cc 4 cylinder, 4 stroke marine engine, combined with an ultra lightweight hull and deck made from NanoXcel®, Yamaha’s exclusive material that is engineered using nanotechnology to be stronger and lighter than anything else in the industry.

These WaveRunners set a new benchmark for performance, agility and fun on the water and they are the only high performance watercraft starting under $11,000 MSRP.

“We challenged ourselves to create a WaveRunner that could run out in front of the most high performance watercraft on the market, and to do it at a price thousands less than anything else,” said Scott Watkins, Yamaha’s product development manager. “We achieved it by matching our 1812cc engine, the largest displacement in the industry, with a lightweight compact platform. By doing this, we didn’t need to rely on a supercharger or intercooler to meet the top end of our performance benchmarks, which helped keep the price low. And the performance continues to run laps around the competition.”

Joining the VXR and VXS in Yamaha’s lineup for 2011 are Yamaha’s signature VX® Series WaveRunners, which are the most affordable, reliable and fuel efficient watercraft on the market today. The VX Series topped the sales chart in 2010 for the sixth consecutive year in a row, and remains the watercraft of choice for value minded buyers and rental operators alike.

Yamaha’s FX Series, including the FX® HO, FX Cruiser® HO, FX SHO® and FX Cruiser SHO®, return to deliver the most innovative features along with high performance and fuel efficiency. These models again topped the sales charts and have redefined what customers expect in the sport performance and luxury performance segments.

And Yamaha’s race inspired FZ Series, including the FZR® and FZS®, returns with all new colors and graphics. The FZR continues to dominate the APBA® National Racing circuit, currently leading both the stock and open runabout classes, and is the watercraft more racers are gravitating to than anything else on the race scene today.

More information on the new 2011 WaveRunner models is available at:
    Some information on the new VXR and VXS Series Watercraft
    Yamaha VX® Performance Series
    2011 VXR™ and VXS™

The most affordable model in the industry that delivers the highest level of performance
    1812cc, 4-stroke, 4-cylinder Yamaha Marine Engine: delivers race level acceleration, responsiveness and top speed
    NanoXcel® hull and deck: offers ultra lightweight construction in a compact package delivering a fun, nimble ride

For the personal watercraft rider who understands and appreciates the spirit of rally and tuner cars that deliver mouth-dropping thrills in an affordable lightweight package, Yamaha introduces the all-new VXR and VXS WaveRunners — marking the highest performance, normally aspirated personal watercraft the industry has ever seen.

The offspring of the compact, lightweight Yamaha VX Series and the ultra high-performance Yamaha FZ Series, these WaveRunners® are sure to excite enthusiasts that miss the athleticism that created the personal watercraft boom in the 90s.

That is not to say that the VXR and VXS models are 90s throwbacks; they’re quite the opposite. The Yamaha VXR and VXS feature the personal watercraft industry’s largest displacement engine and Yamaha’s proprietary NanoXcel hull and deck material that is lighter and stronger than traditional SMC construction. It is this combination of power and light weight that generates the VXR and VXS’s awe-inspiring performance that rivals the industry’s best musclecraft. And because Yamaha can do this without the added cost of a supercharger and intercooler, the VX Performance Series is more much affordable than comparable performing models.

Yamaha 1.8L High Output Marine Engine

The heart of the Yamaha VX Performance Series is the industry’s first and only 1.8L engine that is the largest displacement motor ever designed for a personal watercraft. Exclusive to Yamaha, this engine produces awesome power, but it is also exceptionally fuel efficient and optimized to deliver the utmost performance using regular unleaded fuel.

Engine features include:
    • Throttle by wire reverse system controls RPM in reverse gear for maximum thrust efficiency.
    • High torque design.
    • Lightweight and compact design.
    • Low emission (3 Star).
    • Low maintenance costs.

Yamaha NanoXcel Hull and Deck
    The VXR/VXS features the industry’s first and only nanotechnology-engineered hulls,
    decks, and liners that are the lightest and strongest in the market today. The result is a state of the art watercraft that is quick and nimble, but with balance and maneuverability that truly connects the driver to the machine.

In today’s more value-minded marketplace, there is nothing like the VXR and VXS that deliver on the singular goal of offering high-performance at an affordable price. These models focus on the true essence of what makes watercraft riding fun. Models include:

Yamaha VXR
    • Three passenger
    • Race-inspired seat
    • Reboarding ladder
    • Metallic paint
    • Available in Bright Blue Metallic or Silver Metallic

Yamaha VXS
    • Three passenger
    • Traditional seat design
    • Available in Eclipse Black

Engine Type: 1812cc, four-stroke Yamaha marine engine
    Displacement: 1812cc
    Impeller: 3 blade, stainless steel (15.6ş pitch)
    Length: 128.7”
    Beam: 46.1”
    Height: 45.7”
    Fuel Capacity: 15.9 gallons, regular unleaded fuel
    Passenger Capacity: 3 (529 lbs.)
    Hull Material: NanoXcel High-Compression Molded Compound
    Warranty: 1 year limited

The new color for the FZR is awesome! But I'm really liking the new VXR/S series ski's.

melrose ma
    looks good to me too but there is no word on changes/updates on the fzr/s platforms......clutches and overstuffing causing rider to get pitched off at speed.

Mia, Fl
    Wow look at the colors for the FZS & FZR!!! The VX looks out of hand, That would be something nice id love to have, a full race ski, and a more recreational one like these VX's

new jersey
    wow that vxr is gunna be nice with a sho motor in it

Cullman, AL
    Wow.... this could mean the death of the conversion skis....

Durham, CT
    Wow. Yamaha is gonna be tough to beat the next few years with results like that!

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    Houston, Texas
    the color of the FZR is it similar to the fx sho 09 ????,,,love the FZS color and WOWWWW VXR + TURBO ufffffff = Super Fastttttttt im glad yamaha is changing their desing on VX, Just wanna know sum prices already

Miami, FL
    Wow, the VXR is a perfect ski to buy and throw a turbo into it, that will be one of the top competitors once it's out unless Seadoo finally releases the 4 Cyl.

Melbourne Beach, FL
    The colors are attractive but the new VXS and R appear to use the same hull as the previous VX skis did...with a different top deck and Nano instead of SMC. I was never a fan of the ride offered by the VX hulls. Would the increase in HP change it? From the experiences of some owners, It appears that the Nano construction is subject to hull failures. Did Yammi do anything to correct the faults with prior year skis ? Or did they dodge the bullet to continue to let owners struggle to get warranty work done?

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information