DFI Technologies..

Has anyone used DFI Tech for EMM repair? If so how long did it take to get it back...

I sent mine a couple weeks ago and I hadn't heard anything so I started calling, and kept calling several times a day until I finally got someone to answer several days later. He said he found the problem and will repair the EMM but didn't say how long it would take. I just wanted to see if anyone else used them and how long it took for repairs.

Thanks

I just mailed mine off today, they will have it on monday. Will let you know if I hear anything early next week.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    DFI Technologies is almost the only game in town for repairing these Ficht EMM. They do Polaris, Tigershark, Kawasaki, and OMC outboard EMM, and possibly some other EMMs.

This would be a busy time of year for them.

I always suggest calling them before shipping an EMM, to confirm the expected turn-around time, and possible costs.

When you do send it, put a sticker right on the EMM with your full name and phone number, and the model and year of PWC. Also write the problem description on the sticker.

Record the EMM serial number before you send it away, for your own records.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    DFI Technologies is almost the only game in town for repairing these Ficht EMM. They do Polaris, Tigershark, Kawasaki, and OMC outboard EMM, and possibly some other EMMs.

This would be a busy time of year for them.

I always suggest calling them before shipping an EMM, to confirm the expected turn-around time, and possible costs.

When you do send it, put a sticker right on the EMM with your full name and phone number, and the model and year of PWC. Also write the problem description on the sticker.

Record the EMM serial number before you send it away, for your own records.

thanks for the reply, I printed off a form on their website that includes all the information you mentioned. I will call them today and see if they have a time frame of when it will be finished.

I sent them mine and got it back with the next week. They even shipped it next day so I would get it on Friday. They will give you 150 hrs or 1 year warranty.

Got mine back no charge, unrepairable. LOL. Now I get to look for another computer.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Comp View Post
    Got mine back no charge, unrepairable...
    What did they say was the problem with your EMM?

I may be interested in experimenting with the carcass

Dont know the whole story, a box appeared on my door step yesterday, never got a call from them. Opened it up, paper just said not repairable on it, no charge. Called this morning and all the guy told me on phone was that it must have had a circuit board failure and once that happens they arent fixable. I can tell you that there is a little 3 legged square box chip that is obviously blown. It blew a hole clear through the insulating gel. If I can find another one you are welcome to play with this one.

Know of a good used one for sale? I obviously need one now, either that or start parting the ski out.

Thread Information