Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Rolling a jetski

when a jetski is turned upside down, which is the best way to roll it back up-right. If im looking at the back of the boat upside down, is it clock wise or counter clockwise?. I have a 2006 seadoo RXT. For any other jetski is there something on the boat to look for to know which way to roll it?(say the exhaust port?) there are no stickers on these boats to aid in this

Not familiar with your ski but AFAIK the general rule of thumb is to spin it so that the intake side of the engine goes up.

So if your intake is on the starboard side of your ski, you would want to spin in clockwise.

Disclaimer: I don't have an EFI ski, and have never ridden one so I'm not sure this information applies to non-carbed skis. I would think it would, but wait for someone else to chime in.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.dumbass View Post
    when a jetski is turned upside down, which is the best way to roll it back up-right. If im looking at the back of the boat upside down, is it clock wise or counter clockwise?. I have a 2006 seadoo RXT. For any other jetski is there something on the boat to look for to know which way to roll it?(say the exhaust port?) there are no stickers on these boats to aid in this
    Are you serious man? Have you ever rolled an RXT its not like its easy to do it in the first place.

we were in big waves last week, and it rolled twice, checked the engine compartment and never had any water thank god. always good to know this stuff just incase anyway, not a cheap mistake,, thanks for your help.

+1
    I know my old 2 stroke Seadoos had stickers on them telling you which way to roll them. But I dont remember seeing anything like that on my newer 4 strokes. And I pulled all those stickers like that off a long time ago.

how did it roll? My aunt has a GTX same year and its in big waves all the time and we have never rolled it once...

if a wave hits it side ways , its gonna go upside down. any input as to what to do then? thanks to everyone whos actually sharing some advice.

+1
    It does not matter on a 4stroke Seadoo from everything I heard. If you are seriously rolling your ski that often you have other things to worry about bro.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.dumbass View Post
    if a wave hits it side ways , its gonna go upside down. any input as to what to do then? thanks to everyone whos actually sharing some advice.
    we have it anchored a lot in like 6 foot waves, just keep it out of the white caps and it will go right up and down with the waves.

+1
    Theres no sticker because if you roll it you should just let it sink

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information