Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar

05 GTX SC Ltd -VS- 05 RXT

Are there any performance differences between the 05 GTX SC Ltd. and the 05 RXT?

+1
    Not that Im aware of.....just more bells and whistles on the limited

I like the black, i'm not so keen on the maroon and grey with all that chrome stuff.

+1

Re: 05 GTX SC Ltd -VS- 05 RXT

Quote Originally Posted by 01xdime
    Are there any performance differences between the 05 GTX SC Ltd. and the 05 RXT?
    Yes, you get more bang for the buck with the RXT. For another $1,500 you can keep the Ltd.!

+1
    "you can keep the Limited".....unless the tilt steering, color combo, depth finder, built in GPS unit, flush attachment, trailering cover, storage tray, deluxe seat cover, various water tight bags, cleats, etc are to your liking. Then the price difference can be a bargain !!

Richard

I think i'm gonna go with you on this one Richard, i like all the goodies and i like the color a lot better than the RXT. It's just different i see too many maroon RXTs and i wouldn't dare buy the green one. No offence to anyone just my opinion. Not to mention i think the extra stuff is worth $1500.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by way2fast
    "you can keep the Limited".....unless the tilt steering, color combo, depth finder, built in GPS unit, flush attachment, trailering cover, storage tray, deluxe seat cover, various water tight bags, cleats, etc are to your liking. Then the price difference can be a bargain !!

Richard
    Let's take a closer look:

Tilt Steering - You will never use it. I drive a CL55 and I still don't use the tilt steering.... and mine is a powered tilt steering. As a matter of fact I don't even use the air conditioned seats nor the automatic massager embedded in the seats nor the power headrest nor the self inflating bolsters on the seats when I make a turn. Do you think I have time to use the tilt steering on a jet ski when I am flying across the water at 40mph?

Colors - Nice. I like the black and white. As a matter of fact I am thinking of painting my GTX... orange and black and white!

Depth Finder - I can ride me ski in 2ft of water with no problem. Depth finders are really inaccurate at that depth. Instead of using the depth finder at depth. why don't you just look down and see the bottom!

Built in GPS Unit - $40 for the new tray, $175.00 for Garmin GPS and $2.50 to hook it up to the battery.

Flush attachment - $50.00 or maybe $20.00 if you know the right person

Trailering cover - $_________? Don't they it is bad to cover your ski when trailering because the wind will simply cause the fabric to scratch the ski?

Storage tray - I paid $60.00 from my Sea Doo Dealer. I bought one for Kathy's RXT. She loves it. she needs a place to put her shoes and purse etc.

Deluxe seat cover - $150.00 The Jet Sport seat cover is just as cool!

Various water tight bags - give me a break. You will never ever use this stuff... and if so then you should be buying a boat.

Cleats, etc. - Huh! What are cleats? and What is etc.? Do I have to take out a mortgage for this?

All in all, "Where's that Beef?" I still don't see the $1,500 extra....Maybe $600 extra... Maybe! But I can do a lot to my ski with the extra $1500.00. For example: take a first class trip to MudBug... or buy a RR ECU.... or buy $1,500.00 worth of gas for the year.

IMHO,

Phil

Yeah you have a point but the biggest thing is the appearance. I don't like the colors and all the chrome stuff is getting out of hand. At this rate i'm stuck anyway with my GTX SC almost paid off and buying a house next year. It's just frustrating looking at how much money i'm going to have spend just reach the stock speed of an RXT or an RXP. I still can't decide which one i would get. Hopefully a rumor from a friend of mine is true and he knows about an RXP that came off a trailer on the highway and is sitting in a salvage yard right now. If thats true it's motor swap time.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil

Richard

Tilt Steering - You will never use it. I drive a CL55 and I still don't use the tilt steering.... and mine is a powered tilt steering. As a matter of fact I don't even use the air conditioned seats nor the automatic massager embedded in the seats nor the power headrest nor the self inflating bolsters on the seats when I make a turn. Do you think I have time to use the tilt steering on a jet ski when I am flying across the water at 40mph?

Colors - Nice. I like the black and white. As a matter of fact I am thinking of painting my GTX... orange and black and white!

Depth Finder - I can ride me ski in 2ft of water with no problem. Depth finders are really inaccurate at that depth. Instead of using the depth finder at depth. why don't you just look down and see the bottom!

Built in GPS Unit - $40 for the new tray, $175.00 for Garmin GPS and $2.50 to hook it up to the battery.

Trailering cover - $_________? Don't they it is bad to cover your ski when trailering because the wind will simply cause the fabric to scratch the ski?

Storage tray - I paid $60.00 from my Sea Doo Dealer. I bought one for Kathy's RXT. She loves it. she needs a place to put her shoes and purse etc.

Various water tight bags - give me a break. You will never ever use this stuff... and if so then you should be buying a boat.

Cleats, etc. - Huh! What are cleats? and What is etc.? Do I have to take out a mortgage for this?

All in all, "Where's that Beef?" I still don't see the $1,500 extra....Maybe $600 extra... Maybe! But I can do a lot to my ski with the extra $1500.00. For example: take a first class trip to MudBug... or buy a RR ECU.... or buy $1,500.00 worth of gas for the year.

IMHO,

Phil
    Phil;
    Lets look a little deeper;

Tilt steering is one of those very desirable options if you want to adjust the bars to a more vertical position. Once adjusted to that position I doubt anyone would want to ride in the stock position again. List price for the parts is $387, installation at $65 an hour ????

Colors; the limited is not "black and white" it is black and a dark metallic silver. Color is a personal opinion, but if you like this combo and wanted to paint an RXT to match, there goes that $1500 right off the bat !

Depth finder; "why don't you just look down and see the bottom" Good idea if the water is clear. ... just try to do it here in FL where the rivers and lakes are brown with zero visability. Nice to know how deep the water is before you dive in to cool off ! $217.50 using your price quotes

Flush attachment $20 -$50 (quoting you)

Matching Trailering cover.....I never towed without one and never had it mark my ski. They fit extremely well and don't blow around. They actually saved my skis from being pelted by rocks and sand blowing off trucks on RT 95. $200

Storage tray..handy to have, right Kathy? $60

Matching deluxe two tone seat cover $150 (your quote)

Plus the pop up mooring cleats, dry bags. The etc....meaning the side cowlings that I'm not especially fond of, but they do streamline the look.

Add it all up and also realize that a limited can be purchased for a lot less than $1500 over a RXT in most areas. Here it's like a $1,000 price difference.

One more thing Phil....don't argue with me or I won't hide from this seasons hurricanes up at your place like I did last year !!!!

Richard

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil

Richard

IMHO,

Phil
    Phil;
    Lets look a little deeper;

Tilt steering is one of those very desirable options if you want to adjust the bars to a more vertical position. Once adjusted to that position I doubt anyone would want to ride in the stock position again. List price for the parts is $387, installation at $65 an hour ????

Colors; the limited is not "black and white" it is black and a dark metallic silver. Color is a personal opinion, but if you like this combo and wanted to paint an RXT to match, there goes that $1500 right off the bat !

Depth finder; "why don't you just look down and see the bottom" Good idea if the water is clear. ... just try to do it here in FL where the rivers and lakes are brown with zero visability. Nice to know how deep the water is before you dive in to cool off ! $217.50 using your price quotes

Flush attachment $20 -$50 (quoting you)

Matching Trailering cover.....I never towed without one and never had it mark my ski. They fit extremely well and don't blow around. They actually saved my skis from being pelted by rocks and sand blowing off trucks on RT 95. $200

Storage tray..handy to have, right Kathy? $60

Matching deluxe two tone seat cover $150 (your quote)

Plus the pop up mooring cleats, dry bags. The etc....meaning the side cowlings that I'm not especially fond of, but they do streamline the look.

Add it all up and also realize that a limited can be purchased for a lot less than $1500 over a RXT in most areas. Here it's like a $1,000 price difference.

One more thing Phil....don't argue with me or I won't hide from this seasons hurricanes up at your place like I did last year !!!!

Richard
    Rich;

Tilt steering - I can see you trying to adjust the steering at 60mph with Gail hanging on the back and you racing an Ultra going out Sebastian in 3 footers. Ha! Ha!

Colors: I checked today with a body shop in town and they said they would paint my ski candy apple orange with about 6 clear coats for around $800.00. That's a deal, I just might do it!

You say "why don't you just look down and see the bottom.. Good idea if the water is clear." If I can't see the bottom in 2 feet of water I don't want to ski there!

You say, Storage tray... handy to have" The storage is mandatory! But Sea Doo would lead you to believe it only comes on the Limited.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information