Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ultra 150 sponsons

Looking at both Worx and Beach House sponsons for my 02 Ultra 150. What is the advantage of either of these over stock? Also anyone have any experience with the ADA sponsons.

I'd rather be jet skiing Saltwater n Premix's Avatar
    +1
    Just installed my set of beach house sponsons yesterday and my R&D Steering nozzle but it was crummy out didnt get to goto the beach. It's effin nice out today I can't wait to get done with work and go ride. I'll be doing some testing later on today see where I like them set. I think its funny how the install instructions tell you when they're set in the forward/ down position hang on and brace yourself for the turn haha I'll tell you know how I like em. And if/ how many times I got thrown off.

+1
    I have had a couple pair of Beach House, but got rid of them. They kept coming off in the middle of a ride and try riding at 60 MPH when a sponson come off, when that happens you come off also. I just put the stock back on and left them. I have not tried the Worx.

+1
    Just tried out my sponsons and extended nozzle yesterday, it was choppier than I would've liked it to be but I feel the nozzle made the more noticeable difference (at least in the chop), it kept the bars pointed straight when I was on the gas, bc of the waves I was hesitant to make any serious turns but I noticed an improvement when I cranked a few turns I felt it really wanted to hold the water when you lean into it good. DILTS what kind of loctite/ silicone did you use?

+1
    Went out two days ago conditions were great water was pretty flat I ended up mounting them further back after riding for a bit with them forward they track straight as hell it felt like I could turn without the throttle when letting off at high speeds. After that I was adjusting them in the water and had something caught in my pwcdoctor drain ball so it was filling up with water as I was adjusting them and pulled it outta the water, let it drain and called it a day.

+1
    I use never sieze on everything that calls for it. If you are talking about the Versi Plugs did they not sent you the caps for those plugs? I have them on the STXR and anytime it's going to sit in the water I cover the plugs.

+1
    No they didnt send me any kind of caps for the versi plugs

+1
    I run the BEACH HOUSE ones, night and day over stock! No issues with them coming off in over 9 years of using them and I race around closed courses.
    You have to get them set right for your riding preferences.

I found that once i got them set right, I ditched my R&D Extended nozzle because it did nothing but make it harder to steer. I also sold my aftermarket ride plate too. (can't remeber the make but it was the one everyone raves about). It did nothing once the sponsons were set.

If you get the sponsons right, they eliminate all the bad habits of the Ultra.

i have worx on my 04... I havent ridden the thing yet but they look cool lol

+1
    I love my extended nozzle for that reason, it's like a steering stabilizer at high speeds and I feel like it actually made a slight acceleration improvement (seat of the board shorts testing)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information