Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

vxr compared to ho question

Hi,
    Since we have had VX sports from 2007, in the next year or so we should be getting a couple new skis; i was leaning hard toward the HO, nanox hulll, 1.8 liter engine, lots more power and more speed over the vx sports....all this without a supercharger...which we dont want.

well now i see the new vxr/s and have to wonder if this is the better choice over the HO, i mean what is the big differnec here, a no wake mode and a few other things??? yet i can get the vxr for a grand or more cheaper?? im not a racer, i just enjoy teh ride.

so i mean is this the begining of the end for the HO, because the vxr is so close to a ho, engine wise, hull,etc... just not as many bells and whistles... your thoughts!????

This is my place of Zenn smohammed's Avatar
    +1
    well here is a nice comparison to start u off on your quest...

http://www.newunits.rivamotorsports....go2=Go#compare

+1
    I love my supercharged ski's, but I think if the VXR had been out, I would have strongly considered it over my FZR. From what I've seen posted, the FZR is only a little faster than the VXR is, and the VXR is a little bit smaller and weighs about 75lbs less than the FZR or FX HO. I don't think it would take much to make a VXR as fast as a stock FZR, and,as good as the FZR handles, the VXR probably handles better.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogs101 View Post
    Hi,
    Since we have had VX sports from 2007, in the next year or so we should be getting a couple new skis; i was leaning hard toward the HO, nanox hulll, 1.8 liter engine, lots more power and more speed over the vx sports....all this without a supercharger...which we dont want.

well now i see the new vxr/s and have to wonder if this is the better choice over the HO, i mean what is the big differnec here, a no wake mode and a few other things??? yet i can get the vxr for a grand or more cheaper?? im not a racer, i just enjoy teh ride.

so i mean is this the begining of the end for the HO, because the vxr is so close to a ho, engine wise, hull,etc... just not as many bells and whistles... your thoughts!????
    Well to tell you the truth i dont even know how there gonna make any money off of a fx ho cause hands down the vxr is a winner. People might say how it doesnt handle as well in the chop as in smooth than the ho but to me vx handles great in the chop and to be saving a whole grand :0 thats even better. But one thing i would do is look for some left over 09 ho's (thats what she said) cause they should be cheap.

That VXR does look very cool!!!

+1
    You can pick up a left over '09 SHO or FZR/FZS for a couple grand less than the VXR right now. My FZR was $9999 plus all the fees and taxes.

Taking money away from the Z06 Fund
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 64physhy View Post
    You can pick up a left over '09 SHO or FZR/FZS for a couple grand less than the VXR right now. My FZR was $9999 plus all the fees and taxes.
    +1 and put $1000-$1500 in mods to it and the VXR/S won't come close without a built motor, and a ton of mods. The best bang for your buck will be a leftover FZ or SHO. I got $2300 off my 08 SHO in the summer of 09.

+1

Cool

were getting off from what my question was, remember i said i dont want a supercharger, so that eliminates sho and fz, leaves HO and VXR to choose. my other question is, do you think the HO is going to phase out, I mean how is it going to compete with the same thing, generally speaking, i mean same engine and hull, lower weight, the major componets, yet a grand or more lower priced, i know there is a few options on the HO, not on the VXR, but dont feel its enough to keep it going unless im missing something here. its a few bells and whistles. again not talking supercharged skis.thanks

+1
    Well just looking it over a little the VXR is 4 inches shorter and 2 inches narrower. I am sure they are going to restrict the engine by comp, this could cost you a good bit to get what the h.o. is. I would like to see some real world numbers and then it would be a lot easier to compare. I do believe whatever Yamaha you choose you will not be going wrong. I don't even own one and I think they are the best bang for the buck right now.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by birel33 View Post
    Well just looking it over a little the VXR is 4 inches shorter and 2 inches narrower. I am sure they are going to restrict the engine by comp, this could cost you a good bit to get what the h.o. is. I would like to see some real world numbers and then it would be a lot easier to compare. I do believe whatever Yamaha you choose you will not be going wrong. I don't even own one and I think they are the best bang for the buck right now.
    It's also 75 lbs lighter, and holds less fuel. With the smaller dimensions, lighter weight, and the slight increase in power from the extra timing, it will be noticeably better performing than the HO. Like I said earlier, if this had been out a month ago when I bought my FZR, I just may have gone for it. I was careful on which supercharged ski I picked because of reliability, but since I've had no problems with my FX SHO, I went ahead and got it. I really think 99% of the supercharger problems are due to user error. I added BOV's to both of mine to reduce the stress on them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information