Thread: pump question

pump question

i pulled my pump today to change my prop and notice the prop (while still in the pump) every time i spin it it will spin rough , like if the bearings had no grease or something i also notice that the prop had a small play a light one ....

what could this be could it be the pump bearing that needs to be replace

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    How many hours are on the pump???

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    How many hours are on the pump???
    about 100 i think

hey... I think mine let go this weekend. a decently audible "whirring" coming from the back of the ski, can be heard in front of ski as well. I just pulled the pump 10 minutes ago and have the same results you have... feels like gravel in there and a tiny bit of prop play, not smooth and solid like normal.

I am taking the pump to the dealer tomorrow afternoon to have the bearings replaced under warranty (i have both the BRP warranty AND an RPM-1 warranty... don't ask). I already spoke to them and this will be the first set of pump bearings they will be replacing on an X ski.

I'll let you know the results. OH... and I have an 08' RXP-X with 109 hours. Just did the supercharger rebuild 2 weeks ago. I do have a prop, grate, etc. but that shouldn't do anything. I avoid the limiter like the plague too, so no rev limiter bouncing here (at least as little as possible if it matters). Plus, I re-pack the pump grease (inside nose cone on back of pump) every 50 hours so with BRP grease...

-=Mike G.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey G. View Post
    hey... I think mine let go this weekend. a decently audible "whirring" coming from the back of the ski, can be heard in front of ski as well. I just pulled the pump 10 minutes ago and have the same results you have... feels like gravel in there and a tiny bit of prop play, not smooth and solid like normal.

I am taking the pump to the dealer tomorrow afternoon to have the bearings replaced under warranty (i have both the BRP warranty AND an RPM-1 warranty... don't ask). I already spoke to them and this will be the first set of pump bearings they will be replacing on an X ski.

I'll let you know the results. OH... and I have an 08' RXP-X with 109 hours. Just did the supercharger rebuild 2 weeks ago. I do have a prop, grate, etc. but that shouldn't do anything. I avoid the limiter like the plague too, so no rev limiter bouncing here (at least as little as possible if it matters). Plus, I re-pack the pump grease (inside nose cone on back of pump) every 50 hours so with BRP grease...

-=Mike G.
    let us know how does the pump feels after the dealer replace the bearings

Thread Information