Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dohh :(

Dohh :(

Just got my carbs back from rossiereng, rebuilt and with his jet kit.

Sent em to him, because one of the jets was STUCK!

But got it all together ran SO AMAZING.

UNTIL !!!!!!!

the head it self got a tiny hole in it, spraying water in the cylinder, water plus motor at 7k = Felt it slow down, idled at 1k got it on trailer to find 160 psi and 125 psi!

Pulled it and it needs more then just a hone!

Now im already at 1.5mm over using sbt pistons!

Go wiseco 2.00mm over?

resleeve and go stock pistons

what to do?

+1
    That sucks, you have my luck, sorry to hear about the bad news. First, did you ever try an impact screwdriver? Does amazing things sometimes. Don't go wiseco, pistons take time to warm up, I have them in my 650. From what I've read Pro-x and OEM are both good choices, I think Pro-x makes OEM pistons for someone, I forgot who but I do know SBT pistons suck compared to Pro-x and OEM. I would resleeve, only because I like to start out fresh but I'm sure many will say to just bore it out. Guess it's a personal preference thing and I'm not sure what the price difference is. Your timing is bad, ebay recently had a newly redone motor with a hotrod crank for 850.

+1
    I have a nice std bore 951 cyl that needs bored for $150 shipped...........

Is it 951 carb silver? You think i can get away .25mm over and use some oem slugs?

if so SOLD

Do you do boring at your shop? If so ill just order eveything from you, the bore,chamfer, ect!

Only problem i think i will have is my rave valves are cut for 1.5 mm im sure ill need new ones now!

Dude you have NO IDEA! i only bought the ski 1 month ago, Once i got it, the oil filter clogged and took out the mag piston, i wasint to upset id rather have fresh rebuilt, New pistons, checked the crank out good shape, had the whole motor powder coated, top end kit, and now 1.5 tanks later it swallows half the lake in my pto side AHHH! Now i gotta recheck the crank!

+1
    PWC=performance with cash, I guess thats the bottom line for us all. How much did it cost you to get the engine powdercoated? Sorry if I'm seeming selfish! Have you decided what to do yet?

Quote Originally Posted by badjoka View Post
    PWC=performance with cash, I guess thats the bottom line for us all. How much did it cost you to get the engine powdercoated? Sorry if I'm seeming selfish! Have you decided what to do yet?

250.00 for powder coating! i just had it redone in a cast aluminum silver.

Im also considering just going premix this time around? I can not afford to fix this again!

Im thinking of going with 2.00mm wisecos.

Forged pistons, im a aggressive rider, and it take me 15 min to get from my dock to lake. so it should be plenty warm by then. I just dont wanna use another sbt slug.

+1
    pm sent

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtuned View Post
    250.00 for powder coating! i just had it redone in a cast aluminum silver.

Im also considering just going premix this time around? I can not afford to fix this again!

Im thinking of going with 2.00mm wisecos.

Forged pistons, im a aggressive rider, and it take me 15 min to get from my dock to lake. so it should be plenty warm by then. I just dont wanna use another sbt slug.
    Cool, but stick with the injection, I've done hours of research and have decided thats the best way to go. The system just has to be maintained well and once I figure out out where to get all the parts for an injection failure buzzer/light (low pressure or movement) I'll post a DIY on it; sometime over the winter. From what I've seen injection systems save a ton on oil, especially considering you have a ways to go before you go to the lake.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information