Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Google Calling

  1. #1
    Prohibido usuario
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jerry's guest bedroom
    Posts
    3,469
    +1
    2

    Google Calling

    Anyone use this today? I messed around with it a bit. Seems cool enough. Went ahead and set up my Google Voice also. I really like being able to text anyone from my computer.


  2. #2
    This is my place of Zenn smohammed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago / Broward FL
    Posts
    264
    +1
    1
    emm dont u have tp pay to use this???

  3. #3
    Prohibido usuario
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jerry's guest bedroom
    Posts
    3,469
    +1
    2
    Not in the U.S. It is extremely cheap to call internationally with it also.

  4. #4
    This is my place of Zenn smohammed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago / Broward FL
    Posts
    264
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    Not in the U.S. It is extremely cheap to call internationally with it also.
    aahah i tried it out today... this is way kool.. i have a magic jack to call US numbers but now its easy to use it with google talk... but i have to speculate.. upon installation i noticed that they said its free IN 2010.. i bet after they get a good few users, they are goin to start to charge jus like skype and any other VOI programs.. mm google call also comin for iphone soon.. now thats great lol

  5. #5
    Prohibido usuario
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jerry's guest bedroom
    Posts
    3,469
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by smohammed View Post
    aahah i tried it out today... this is way kool.. i have a magic jack to call US numbers but now its easy to use it with google talk... but i have to speculate.. upon installation i noticed that they said its free IN 2010.. i bet after they get a good few users, they are goin to start to charge jus like skype and any other VOI programs.. mm google call also comin for iphone soon.. now thats great lol
    THis is what Google is saying
    Quote Originally Posted by Google
    The revenue from international calling will cover the costs of free calls, and we'd encourage you to give your friends overseas a ring!

  6. #6
    YoYamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    21,591
    +1
    4,797
    The video chat is really cool, and I think the overseas is great. But I'm trying to find a reason why I would need this for calling in the U.S.?

    I have been able to call anyone in the U.S. for free for years using the digital phone at the house, no long distance charges anymore on that. Plus, AT&T gives me so many roll over minutes every month on my iPhone, pretty soon I'll have thousands of free rollover minutes banked on my mobile phone, so... who needs this?

  7. #7
    This is my place of Zenn smohammed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago / Broward FL
    Posts
    264
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    The video chat is really cool, and I think the overseas is great. But I'm trying to find a reason why I would need this for calling in the U.S.?

    I have been able to call anyone in the U.S. for free for years using the digital phone at the house, no long distance charges anymore on that. Plus, AT&T gives me so many roll over minutes every month on my iPhone, pretty soon I'll have thousands of free rollover minutes banked on my mobile phone, so... who needs this?
    i do!!! lol ahahah

  8. #8
    Prohibido usuario
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jerry's guest bedroom
    Posts
    3,469
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    The video chat is really cool, and I think the overseas is great. But I'm trying to find a reason why I would need this for calling in the U.S.?

    I have been able to call anyone in the U.S. for free for years using the digital phone at the house, no long distance charges anymore on that. Plus, AT&T gives me so many roll over minutes every month on my iPhone, pretty soon I'll have thousands of free rollover minutes banked on my mobile phone, so... who needs this?
    People out of country, people without thousands of cell phone minutes like me, people that don't have a cell phone but internet access, people that don't want to pay for a digital house phone and a $100 a month cell phone bill. The same people that made one million calls the first day.

    I haven't had a landline for over 5 years now and my cell phone bill is $25 a month. Unlimited data, unlimited text and 300 minutes a month.

  9. #9
    YoYamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    21,591
    +1
    4,797
    I'm sure there's a market for it, I just don't think I need it. Plus, I don't want Google all up in my phone calls; they already have a lot of power, it's getting kinda creepy.
    http://techcrunch.com/2010/05/14/goo...eet-view-cars/
    http://techcrunch.com/2010/02/12/google-buzz-privacy/

    I'd like to drop my landline, but I think we need that for the security system. At least that's what they tell me.

  10. #10
    This is my place of Zenn smohammed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago / Broward FL
    Posts
    264
    +1
    1
    yo yamma my iphone buddy.. the google voice app is out.. did u get?? this is one great app

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Google email accounts
    By Green Hulk in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-29-2005, 02:21 AM
  2. Better call BRP,,,,,,,,their new way out of warranty
    By HOSS in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-23-2005, 03:37 PM
  3. Google Earth
    By BertInTexas in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-01-2005, 07:44 PM
  4. what calls for wear ring?
    By rrrxxxppp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-30-2005, 04:43 PM
  5. Lake of the Ozarks Roll Call!
    By theantiRXP in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-16-2005, 01:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •