Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Opinions wanted!!!

I am just about to get my FZR back from a SC clutch failure repair. In the meantime, my dealer attended the Yamaha show and they (Yamaha) said that a fix for the one way clutch problem will be out very soon.

So my question is, what is your opinion in regards to what Yamaha should or should not be covering regarding the SC clutch failure issue given they have acknowledged the problem and are coming out with a fix?

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by tadam View Post
    I am just about to get my FZR back from a SC clutch failure repair. In the meantime, my dealer attended the Yamaha show and they (Yamaha) said that a fix for the one way clutch problem will be out very soon.

So my question is, what is your opinion in regards to what Yamaha should or should not be covering regarding the SC clutch failure issue given they have acknowledged the problem and are coming out with a fix?
    My guess to minimize costs they will only replace with the upgraded parts on an as needed basis. Regardless of what the outcome is, im going to put it in mine!

+1
    I think they should recall all the skis and replace them. especially if they have acknowledged they are not up to the job. they should last....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by razzie View Post
    I think they should recall all the skis and replace them. especially if they have acknowledged they are not up to the job. they should last....
    it wont happen unless its a saftey problem..but in a ideal world yes they should...the best you can hope for is slipping it in on warranty if yours now slips

I did purchase an extended factory warranty (5 yrs). I'll post after I pick it up from the dealer.

+1
    Just out of curiosity, is this clutch failure just on the modded skis or this a problem for stock skis also?

clutch problems

hi,mine just been replaced by yamaha its bone stock with 39hrs

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Just out of curiosity, is this clutch failure just on the modded skis or this a problem for stock skis also?
    Great question.

Just wondering if there enough non modified folks out there seeing this thread to give us a feel towards your question......

+1
    I would guess if you were stock (key word being "stock"), and it failed, it would be covered. And I suppose if you had the extended warranty and it failed it would be covered as well.....but only if you were stock, stock, stock - did I mention being stock?

We have not talked price yet. Anyone know ~ what parts and labor would be for a SC clutch repair?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information