RIVA ride plate fit

I've got one from the first batch that came out. Since it's been raining every day. I removed it so that I can work on fitting it a little better. It was hanging down a little on one side and it doesn't seem symmetrical based on my "shade tree" measuring ability. Anyway I was wonder if any has noticed if the newer ones fit better. Has there been any improvements that anyone has noticed? Seems like I vaguely remember someone saying something about it. If I can get some verification I may buy a new one if it's worth it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dduck1628 View Post
    I've got one from the first batch that came out. Since it's been raining every day. I removed it so that I can work on fitting it a little better. It was hanging down a little on one side and it doesn't seem symmetrical based on my "shade tree" measuring ability. Anyway I was wonder if any has noticed if the newer ones fit better. Has there been any improvements that anyone has noticed? Seems like I vaguely remember someone saying something about it. If I can get some verification I may buy a new one if it's worth it.
    Carry your's or send it over to Duke. He has lots of expertise with them. His rates are very reasonable! But from reading here there have been different batches.

+1
    I bought mine the end of April.
    The rideplate fitted fine,i didn't notice any problems when i installed the plate.
    Shimmed the plate 0.020 just to be safe, after reading some posts on the rideplate.
    No porpoising no cavitation whatsoever,still have the paddles on.
    Must say the cornering improved after installing the rideplate.
    Recently installed the riva wedge,no difference in handling,but cornering is same as the stock plate.
    Seems a bit loose when going around the buoys,i'm thinking of removing the wedge gave only 0.3 mph gain in speed.

Quote Originally Posted by dduck1628 View Post

+1
    Do you have the RXP plate or the 255?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Do you have the RXP plate or the 255?
    Hey Duke,

David has a RXP Riva rideplate and Riva Grate.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    Carry your's or send it over to Duke. He has lots of expertise with them. His rates are very reasonable! But from reading here there have been different batches.
    That Riva came out with a different rideplate. I have one of the first batch that Riva send out.

It's the rxp plate and I'm using the R&D girdle for added support of the intake grate.

Just want to update you guys on what I did with the plate.

I measured the distance from the surface of the plate through the mounting hole to the bosses that are in contact with the hull. There was a .085 in variation between the front two mounting holes. .040in at the center two and .060 in. at the rear. All the thicker mounting bosses were on the side of the plate that hung down below the surface. I even them out with a belt sander and a file. I then measured and marked the center line of the plate. Shined a laser down the keel and lined the plate and intake grate up. It fits much better now.

Also I found that the R&D girdle fits poorly with the RIVA plate. I compare it to my stock ride plate and it fit perfectly. I used belzona to build up the outer edges of the girdle that are in contact with the ride plate so that it would work properly with the riva plate providing the additional intake grate support.
    I'll be putting in the water late this afternoon if the rain isn't that bad. I'll report back if I see a noticeable difference.

DDuck

Thread Information