Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
  1. #1
    MacDaddy_rxpx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    220
    +1
    1

    Getting Close To Bucking??

    So today I went out and ran 76.3 in 80 degree water. Last fall I picked up a solid 2-3 mph in 55 degree water. With the water starting to get cooler here in Michigan, I will be doing some speed runs and was just wondering if I will be coming close to "buck" range with the colder water.


  2. #2
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by MacDaddy_rxpx View Post
    So today I went out and ran 76.3 in 80 degree water. Last fall I picked up a solid 2-3 mph in 55 degree water. With the water starting to get cooler here in Michigan, I will be doing some speed runs and was just wondering if I will be coming close to "buck" range with the colder water.
    With your grate more than likely not. I felt it right at 78 with the Worx.

  3. #3
    Dumb question but what does ''bucking'' come from?

  4. #4
    Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,004
    +1
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by MacDaddy_rxpx View Post
    So today I went out and ran 76.3 in 80 degree water. Last fall I picked up a solid 2-3 mph in 55 degree water. With the water starting to get cooler here in Michigan, I will be doing some speed runs and was just wondering if I will be coming close to "buck" range with the colder water.
    Like Eric said, you should be good for 80mph or so. Even when it does buck with the R&D grate its not that violent.

  5. #5
    I have very bad bucking whit my rxt-x att speeds over 77mph and at 82 mph its bucking even more i use the worx grate, what grate works better for this speeds ?

  6. #6
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by rjr View Post
    I have very bad bucking whit my rxt-x att speeds over 77mph and at 82 mph its bucking even more i use the worx grate, what grate works better for this speeds ?
    R&D is what you should be using and how in the heck do you have an RXT-X running 82 please post up your mods bro!! Until you change that grate you need to be CAREFUL!!

  7. #7
    Steve STSPERFORMANCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, Ohio
    Posts
    2,701
    +1
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    R&D is what you should be using and how in the heck do you have an RXT-X running 82 please post up your mods bro!! Until you change that grate you need to be CAREFUL!!
    I have one even faster...

  8. #8
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by STSPERFORMANCE View Post
    I have one even faster...
    I knew about yours but your Turbo so its understood.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    R&D is what you should be using and how in the heck do you have an RXT-X running 82 please post up your mods bro!! Until you change that grate you need to be CAREFUL!!

    Thanx for info, R&D have 2 grates for the x models, wich one is the best for hi speeds ?

    I have about every thing you nead, more comp,more bost,etc etc....pulls a solas 16/25 around 9000rpm. can go faster then 82mph whit smaler nozzels but then its starting to be evil kenivel style

  10. #10
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by rjr View Post
    Thanx for info, R&D have 2 grates for the x models, wich one is the best for hi speeds ?

    I have about every thing you nead, more comp,more bost,etc etc....pulls a solas 16/25 around 9000rpm. can go faster then 82mph whit smaler nozzels but then its starting to be evil kenivel style
    The NON closed course grate bro. Can you please post your ECU,Injectors,Piston,SC info,rideplate info?? Videos,Pictures etc to would be nice. Not many people have 3 seaters running those speeds and especially X models.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Getting close to VTEC flash...
    By Urwheelman in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-05-2012, 01:57 PM
  2. Did anyone else get selected to try the ebay bucks program?
    By gorilla03 in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 04:29 PM
  3. I can't wait to get out to the water tomorrow!
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-16-2006, 08:05 AM
  4. Getting ready to pull engine
    By 01xdime in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-05-2005, 07:19 PM
  5. Getting ready to go spank some RXP's
    By two2curupt in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-11-2005, 12:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •