stainless braided hoses, need direction on install

Hey, firstly big up to Jerry for supplying the parts over to the UK, shipping was super quick until it hit customs at my end and then I had to pay the extra tax on the items, which I dont mind, what I do mind is the letter they send telling me I owe them $15 costs an additional $25!! i dislike our government lol....

anyway....

I have these stainless hoses for the hood, which I have to say are DAMN heavy! but look oh so sweet! Need a bit of direction on the fitment of these has anyone done the swap of the old plastic ones?

cheers

other people must of bought these?

+1
    I looked on Rivas web site but could not find directions for these....BUT all you have to do is slowly pull in the middle of the old plastic ones and they will come up.They have a dowl pin holding r=them in from the bottom but will pull out as you pull on the plastic ones..Once the hoses are out you will want to open the small storage compartment lid and take the black storage box out..This will give you access to the dowl pins to pull them out...Once out you can take the new SS ones and slide them into the holes where the plastic ones went..I would start by sliding them into the back two holes and then into the fronts last..IF you run into problems and cannot get the new hoses to fit then there are 2 bolts holding the chrome piece on..they are located up front as you look into the storage compartment/Hood...Take them out and it will help loosen that piece for you...Just dont try to pull the chrome piece off as it is help on with plastic clips too and if you break them the chrome piece wont fit tight on the hood again..BUT from what i have heard, the SS hoses slide into the holes no problem without having to remove or loosen the chrome piece...Hope tihis helps...

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rxp43008015.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	212295Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rxp43008019.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	113.7 KB 
ID:	212296

Jay, Sno's directions are right on (as usual). I didn't have to loosen the crome piece. I slid the stainless hose as far to the rear as possible and then arched it upward in the middle until I could slip it into/under the crome piece in the front and then adjusted it slightly forward, and yes, it does look damn good. IMO.

OBJ
    []212295[/ATTACH=CONFIG]212296[/ATTACH]

+1
    Mine looked good new but look like crap now.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by h2jim View Post
    Mine looked good new but look like crap now.
    Got any pics?

+1
    There may be some in my albums. They are just dull now compared to new and I ride in fresh water.

+1
    Mine still looks good. I installed in april of 08. It's actual stainless reinforced rubber fuel line from Holley, not from Riva. I wonder if that would make a difference.

OBJ

Thanks snoman that's a great help, we are on a bank holiday weekend here in the UK so I won't be in to do my ski til Tuesday. I know work will go out the window until I've fitted them! Lol.

Well mine were dropped shipped from riva with some tshirts, let's hope they don't look crap after a while! They do seem to be just water hose wrapped in stainless braid like a lot of the V8 boys put in their engine bays.

I'm wishing u didn't add the pik of the mirror pod..... I'm gonna be after that next lol

Thanks again

Thread Information