Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

01 gpr gotta stupid question. I cant find it in the manual

Just put the ski in the water for the first.time after a.new.motor. it fires right up half throttle is fine. It hits about 35mph. But full throttle it bogs and won't go any faster. also seams to smoke a lot more.

Also looks like a small amount of water on the plug. Can someone tell me this
    There is a thin male hose connector on the header pointing towards the front of the ski and there is another on the bottom of the exhaust on the left side pointing towards the rear of the ski. Where do they route

Any ideas

+1

+1
    check powervalve servo motor

the power valve motor works. I think I had the cables backwards. I checvked the manual and found the correct side to put them in.

the pic above doesnt show either connections. It is on the exhaust manifold. Ill call it the header. If you have the online manual. its page 5-15 and it #1. but all that says is "hose/clamp"

the other on pointing towards the rear of the ski is on page 5-8 and is #7 but says "clamp/hose"

+1

ok it is #4 in that map. looks like I have it routed the right way too.hmmm

upon more inspection it lookes like #7 bolt was not 100% tight. I will go over everything and ensure everything it tight. I swapped the PV cables and she seams to be a little better out of the water. I will hook up the hose when I get home and check it out more.

thanks guys for all your help. being a beginer at skis is tough esp when you take on a pretty big project lol

Quote Originally Posted by vettez062002 View Post
    Just put the ski in the water for the first.time after a.new.motor. it fires right up half throttle is fine. It hits about 35mph. But full throttle it bogs and won't go any faster. also seams to smoke a lot more.

Also looks like a small amount of water on the plug. Can someone tell me this
    There is a thin male hose connector on the header pointing towards the front of the ski and there is another on the bottom of the exhaust on the left side pointing towards the rear of the ski. Where do they route

Any ideas
    You say you have water on the plug that is not good your head gasket may be leaking

ok it looks like it has a small leak coming from the center cyliner exhaust manifold. also I put the hose onto the ski and water poors out from the ride plate.. whats up with that??

I dont think its the head gasket. this engine is literally brand new from sbt. I had a few manifold bolts loose and leaking some water out of it. so I think thats why they had some water on them.

+1
    There is a water exit into the tunnel from the exhaust pipe.

so that is normal? water does come out of the side water exit and out of the rear exit aswell.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information