2 basic supercharger questions

I just sent my 08 charger to Jerry today for Riva washers, peace of mind since no one has complained of Riva's breaking but have of OEM metal.

Great write up by Sean on how to remove your supercharger, I defintely recommend getting a 1/4" ratchet box wrench though. Was well worth the $15. Still very tedious.

Two questions...the hose from the throttle body to the charger was connected to the charger with an Oetiker clamp. Can I just use a regular worm drive clamp? I have a few OEM ones left over from the stock air intake removal. Does the supercharger have to be torqued? Or can I just blue loctite and snug the bolts back?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by antoniodef View Post
    Can I just use a regular worm drive clamp? I have a few OEM ones left over from the stock air intake removal. Does the supercharger have to be torqued? Or can I just blue loctite and snug the bolts back?

Yes you can use a regular worm gear BUT if you plan on using one of these make sure they are of good quality..If you install a half ass used one it will snap and you will blow your hose off....Also make sure its nce and tight...I would use a 1/4 inch socket wrench with a 5/16 socket and snug it up well..

I dont torque mine, again i use a 8 mm socket on a 1/4 ich driver wrench and tighten it wrist tight..You can use blue loctite on it if you want...I never have and have been installing my Scers like this for the last 4 years..

Thanks and thanks . I will definitely look at the clamp and just buy a new one if it looks shaky.

Thread Information