Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Hours Different on two FZS?

Got a question. Since we got the pair of FZS, I have noticed one of them seems to be clocking hours faster than the other. We have always used the skis together, but the hours on them is getting further apart; one has 24 hours and the other one now has 27 hours.

If it was only one hour or so difference, I could understand it, but there is no way the second ski should have 3 more hours already. As time goes on, I can see the hours on the other ski really adding up. Has anyone ever seen this where one ski seems to be clocking hours faster than normal? Is it possible for the dealer to correct this?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Got a question. Since we got the pair of FZS, I have noticed one of them seems to be clocking hours faster than the other. We have always used the skis together, but the hours on them is getting further apart; one has 24 hours and the other one now has 27 hours.

If it was only one hour or so difference, I could understand it, but there is no way the second ski should have 3 more hours already. As time goes on, I can see the hours on the other ski really adding up. Has anyone ever seen this where one ski seems to be clocking hours faster than normal? Is it possible for the dealer to correct this?
    Check the ski with the most hours to be sure the gauges turn off after engine is cut off in .30-60 seconds after engine is stopped. You may have had the circut that powers up the gauges/ bildge pump stay on longer than normal and this will allow the clock to run and add the extra time You may have to try start /stop several times to see what happens. Tommy Jordan

+1
    I haven't really paid attention before, but now that 2fast4u mentioned it, I do think one of mine stays on longer than the other after I shut it off.

Something funny happened to my ski on the 2nd time I was out, I hit a wave and noticed the warning light flicker on and off at the same time I lost an hour from my display on the dash, Been ok since and I checked for any loose connections etc and found nothing wrong ?

I have to stop borrowing peoples skis in Florida. I think they are catching on!...sshhhhh!!

i will get all the rest i need when im dead corkycat's Avatar
    +1
    you know ive said this from the day i purchased my ski, i can go out for 2 hrs and the ski says ive been out for 2.6. i purchased it with 12hrs on it last september.
    it now shows 76.4 there is no way ive done 64hrs as i dont use it all the time. i started to question the hrs at about 20hrs after thinking "there was no way i was out that long on my first ride" ive just put up with it now i guess when i sell it it will have 4267.3hrs on it..

YOYAMMA, next time you go out note down the exact hrs on both skis and take a stopwatch with you, start the stopwatch when you set off and run it for your first hr and let us all know your results i did this in mine and 1 full run hr resulted in 1.3 dreemo hrs..

+1
    Thanks guys, this confirms my suspicions.
    Corky; I agree, it's time for a watch test, and I'll be contacting the dealer on it, too.
    There is no way these things are three hours apart already.

Taking money away from the Z06 Fund
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Thanks guys, this confirms my suspicions.
    Corky; I agree, it's time for a watch test, and I'll be contacting the dealer on it, too.
    There is no way these things are three hours apart already.
    Stop worrying about the hour meter and let's hear more about your mod plans and new mph! I've noticed my SHO stays on for about 10 seconds after I shut off the ignition. That's a lot of on and off to account for the 3 hours!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by poof100 View Post
    I've noticed my SHO stays on for about 10 seconds after I shut off the ignition. That's a lot of on and off to account for the 3 hours!
    That's not a factor; we checked it today and it seems both of them cut off about 30 seconds after engine is off.

+1
    All this over them being three hours apart? And they are never just used one at a time? Never? Come on... lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information