whos fishing with yamaha FZR

i have a yamaha fzr and would like to turn it my fishing boat .

and i was thinking how to mount the rock on it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by silvertaws6 View Post
    i have a yamaha fzr and would like to turn it my fishing boat .

and i was thinking how to mount the rock on it
    Step one add a tow hook to the back of your. It is on the FZS so you can get it all from your dealership. This one will be needed for pretty much any rack.
    The other issue you will have if you are not using a custom built aluminum rack is the way your deck is contoured. I have had people do it two ways. One is just to use some sort of shims. Pieces of rubber belt then can fine tune with rubber gasket material. Once all is cut into the shapes and height needed glue them all together.
    The other was an actual base was made the top being level where the bottom fit the contour of your deck to properly disperse the weight. These are the two ways if you want to use the pattern on here. It will only work on a flat deck.
    The way I am doing this is using your Ts and 45s from the base to the basket bottom. These can be put at angles You can use that to work with it fitting the contour of your ski. Those other ways were for people that built a rach then realized that their shi had a contoured aft deck. You can built your basket basically the same just a different base and way that the two connect.
    Basically you would have to replace the 90s on the base to a T that can be slightly off square so you can have the off square at the connection to the basket. This will give you the angle you needto make it work. I have an order to build one for a SHO when I have time. this is the way I will be designing this one. It will require you to use different fittings in different places but basically the same design. I am not offering to build racks for anyone. I am doing one for a good friend only to get my proper design for the Yamaha'a so please don't ask. I can give you my suggestions but that is as far as I want to go with this.

sadf
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0002 (2).jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	212292 My buddy uses a sho, works great for fishing, camping, hunting, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    Step one add a tow hook to the back of your. It is on the FZS so you can get it all from your dealership. This one will be needed for pretty much any rack.
    The other issue you will have if you are not using a custom built aluminum rack is the way your deck is contoured. I have had people do it two ways. One is just to use some sort of shims. Pieces of rubber belt then can fine tune with rubber gasket material. Once all is cut into the shapes and height needed glue them all together.
    The other was an actual base was made the top being level where the bottom fit the contour of your deck to properly disperse the weight. These are the two ways if you want to use the pattern on here. It will only work on a flat deck.
    The way I am doing this is using your Ts and 45s from the base to the basket bottom. These can be put at angles You can use that to work with it fitting the contour of your ski. Those other ways were for people that built a rach then realized that their shi had a contoured aft deck. You can built your basket basically the same just a different base and way that the two connect.
    Basically you would have to replace the 90s on the base to a T that can be slightly off square so you can have the off square at the connection to the basket. This will give you the angle you needto make it work. I have an order to build one for a SHO when I have time. this is the way I will be designing this one. It will require you to use different fittings in different places but basically the same design. I am not offering to build racks for anyone. I am doing one for a good friend only to get my proper design for the Yamaha'a so please don't ask. I can give you my suggestions but that is as far as I want to go with this.
    Thanks for the teps ,,, will start working on it and see how it will turn

Thread Information