Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

99 ultra taking on water while under power???????

Ski was bone dry on the inside when I left the dock...after two hours or so of riding in the ocean we head back to the dock...my ski feels tipsy, line a canoe full of water...at the gas dock I pull the seat off and My hull has 8 inches of water in it....

Any ideas where the heck this is coming from? My transom plugs are tight and seal well.

Do ultra 150s traditionally leak from a particular spot while underway?

Many thanks!

+1
    Sounds like you have a leak (duh).

You need to get it on the trailer and drain the water out, then put it back in the water and remove the seat to see if you can see the source. If it doesn't leak, ride it with the seat removed and look for leaks. Could be the driveshaft seal, water pipe gaskets, hoses...

I'd rather be jet skiing Saltwater n Premix's Avatar
    +1
    Mine is leaking somewhere too, I'm not sure if it leaks when I'm moving but I know it does when sitting for awhile. Two days ago I had a little piece of rubber caught in one of my PWCDoctor ball valve drain plugs while I was adjusting the sponsons in about 3 feet of water I went to hop on it and noticed it was too heavy, there was water almost to the top of the battery. But I've noticed water in it before I got those drain balls. Upon inspection today I saw the bilge filter under my driveshaft was all cracked up and the rivets were broken off. Could this be my water leak? I'm going down to the water in a bit to try and see where its coming from

+1
    Drain the ski and back it down into the water on the trailer just make sure the ski is strapped down on the back when you put it back in the water if it's your holder for your drive shaft believe me you will see the water coming in.

+1

Exclamation found it

Quote Originally Posted by DILTS View Post
    Drain the ski and back it down into the water on the trailer just make sure the ski is strapped down on the back when you put it back in the water if it's your holder for your drive shaft believe me you will see the water coming in.
    Yes. I saw the water coming in. Yes, its the holder for my driveshaft. When looking at it from the front the top left bolt has water coming in around it and I think I feel a crack under it... What now? I assume the engine's gotta be removed to fix it? Ill try to snap a picture before work and post it.

+1
    You don't have to pull the engine out you just have to lift the engine up. to slide the drive shaft forward under the engine to remove it. Order your holder the job itself is not that bad and can abe done in a afternoon. While your waiting on your holder to arrive go ahead and remove your FA box and exhaust system. Hopefully you have access to a hoist of some type. Getting the engine coupler and the drive shaft coupler is the hardest part when putting it all back together.

+1
    Getting the engine coupler and drive shaft coupler (lined up?) is the hardest part? Yes I can borrow an engine hoist for a day or two. Thank you DILTS. Hey screamindemon you get a chance to put it in the water yet? I had mine in for 20 seconds at most before I saw where it was leaking.

+1
    Shoot me an email and i can send you pics of the correct line up and an incorrect one. Also if you dont have a service manual I hae one in PDF file i can email it's long but well worth the wait. I have replace 4 of these holders in the last year. [email protected]

+1
    Ordered the holder, seals, bearings, and misc stuff from the greenhulk store (Riva) about a half hour ago they just called asking if I can reuse the snap ring and bolts/ washers bc they don't have them in stock and and I asked for 3 day shipping, very impressed with the service and he said the order will be shipped out today.

+1

Third pic is the only one that shows the bolt where water was coming in around, I couldnt really get my phone in there and get a quality pic

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information