Blow off valve not making same noise....

My HKS blow off valve made a sqeaking noise when I first installed. Now it sounds like the air is shooting out the supercharger like when I did not have the blow off valve....What could be happening? The vaccum line is not plugged I checked it already....Anything else could have happened.....?

+1
    . Rip n' tear made that video I believe. I would check the clutch first. It should only spin one way. It is also worth checking the air intake hose that goes onto the SC to make sure it is securrly connected and also check the bov hose. If you are using the R&D multi pressure port adapter check where the vac line connectes to the barbed fitting and also check the vac line that goes form the manifold up to the MAP sensor. If you are using a T then check our connections. If your tapped the manifold make sure that the fitting is installed correctly with tethlon tape. Good luck.

When the vaccumm lines are leaking the motor runs rough so I dont think it is that. I was wondering if the BOV gets stopped up occansionly. The boat runs awesome other than when I let off the gas it doesnt make that sqeaking noise instead it will rattle like it is escaping through the supercharger! I am using the R+D mulitport....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGPR View Post
    When the vaccumm lines are leaking the motor runs rough so I dont think it is that. I was wondering if the BOV gets stopped up occansionly. The boat runs awesome other than when I let off the gas it doesnt make that sqeaking noise instead it will rattle like it is escaping through the supercharger! I am using the R+D mulitport....
    Dude don't run that ski anymore till you check your supercharger out. When you break the shaft it sounds exactly like you're describing. Pull your intake hose off and check to see if your supercharger impeller spins both ways first thing. Then report back.

I will check it but I doubt it would turn 8500 with the shaft broken...

The wheel only spins one way.....not sure what is happening...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGPR View Post
    The wheel only spins one way.....not sure what is happening...
    Thats a good thing, it means the clutch is working correctly. My next guess (assuming you checked all your connections and hoses) is that something is wrong with the BOV itself. Maybe water got in?

I put on hand over the BOV and it is working no doubt, just not making the same noise as before....

+1
    Check the insert in the BOV. The design of the insert is what makes the "psshhhhttt" sound. Maybe it's damgaged.... you can buy them for 30$ from HKS or on ebay.

Thread Information