Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bearing Size P/N: 3576514

Hi guys,

It's been a couple of months due to the cold weather & work, but now the time is here to have fun again.

My SLX1200 has a bit of a leak which I'm 99% certain is coming through the drive shaft seal assembly. I've only just replaced the seals to fix this same problem and it did for a few trips, but now it's back to where it was. But after looking at the exploded view of the seal assembly, I see that there is supposed to be two bearings between the seals, mine doesn't have any in it, which explains why the seals are flogging out.

So my question is (so I can order the bearings before I lake it apart), what is the size of the bearings which are P/N: 3576514?

They are in the assembly P/N:1341145.

Thanks

We had a discussion on this subject last month. This thread covers the Through-Hull Bearing (that really has no bearing in it at all) and includes tips on changing the bushings inside of the fitting.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ing&highlight=

You will get the crash course on oil-lite brass bushings and also a link where to get them.

Good Luck.

Okay thanks for that, I'll have a read.

Well two phone calls later and I have a new on on it's way. Although I'm putting in a Sea Doo one with the roller bearing, seems to be a better opion.

Thanks Guys

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Murray View Post
    Well two phone calls later and I have a new on on it's way. Although I'm putting in a Sea Doo one with the roller bearing, seems to be a better opion.

Thanks Guys
    Really? I didn't know you could use the Sea Doo as an option.

Has anyone ever measured the ID/OD/length of the bearing sleeve inside the trough-hull. I picked up enough seals to do all my spare bearings but I'd like to replace the bushings as well.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    ...I'm putting in a Sea Doo one with the roller bearing, seems to be a better opion. ...
    What is the Sea-Doo part number for that?

Steel roller bearings? Make very sure you keep it well greased, especially in salt water. Like the self-lubricating bearing/bushing in the original Polaris through-hull, steel will rust if water gets past the rear seal.

Quote Originally Posted by bgaidan View Post
    Has anyone ever measured the ID/OD/length of the bearing sleeve inside the through-hull?...
    I think Beerdart has the dimensions of that self-lubricating bearing/bushing.

Send him a PM, or point him to this thread
    Last edited by K447; 02-25-2011 at 02:53 PM. Reason: self-lubricating bearing/bushing

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    What is the Sea-Doo part number for that?

Steel roller bearings? Make very sure you keep it well greased, especially in salt water. Unlike the brass bushing in the original Polaris through-hull, steel will rust if water gets past the rear seal.

I think Beerdart has the dimensions of that brass bushing.

Send him a PM, or point him to this thread
    Yes...I think beerdart does know where to get them because I learned of them from him. He also said the same thing as you in different words. I think it was: Steel + Salt Water = Sink.

Well it turned up this morning and it fits spot on, although you'd have to mod the coupler cover if you wanted to use it, I don't so no prob. It's acutally a WSM product P/N:003-115-01 for the SeaDoo not a SeaDoo brand, my bad.

Not sure if the needle roller is stainless (doubt it) but it's used in fresh water 95% of the time & with regular greasing it should be fine. Benefit is that the bearing is easily replacable.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Well it turned up this morning and it fits spot on, although you'd have to mod the coupler cover if you wanted to use it, I don't so no prob.

It's actually a WSM product P/N:003-115-01 for the SeaDoo not a SeaDoo brand, my bad.

Not sure if the needle roller is stainless (doubt it) but it's used in fresh water 95% of the time & with regular greasing it should be fine. Benefit is that the bearing is easily replaceable.
    Post some clear photos of this part please

Have you measured the WSM bearing's inner diameter compared to the Polaris drive shaft diameter?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information