muffler question

does anyone have a diagram or overview of the muffler for an RXP/T? I am referring to the internals of it as far as how the water and exhaust flow.

North49: Does this help you out?...PR...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 02-25-2007 at 11:57 AM.

PR thanks. This is very useful but I was looking for something related to just the muffler/waterbox.

Quote Originally Posted by North49 View Post
    PR thanks. This is very useful but I was looking for something related to just the muffler/waterbox.
    As far as I know, there are 3 holes in the water jacket/bottom of J-pipe that pump the water thru the waterbox, and then it gets blown/expelled out with the exhaust gases/pressure. I have never actually seen a diagram of the water flow inside the box, sorry!...PR...

thanks again PR. I just had this problem where the water intake must have been clogged or restricted some how. My muffler overheated and melted the platic cover on the one end closest to the back of the ski. So I take the waterbox/muffler out and I here pieces moving around. It appears that one of the baffles that silences the exhaust has broken off. My thought is that it was so hot due to lack of water that once water did eventually go through it caused that piece to crack and break. I have no other explanation as to how aluminum would break like that.
    I don't know if this is still usable or not, so I was curious if anyone had a diagram, because I did not know if whatever broke relates to water flow or not. If not I can cut one end of the waterbox open and remove the pieces and weld the end back on. I don't care if it is a little louder. At least that is my thought. Never done anything like this before.

Thread Information