Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

08 RXT-X Supercharger ?

Do the 08 models have the same issues as the other Seadoo superchargers? I have a friend of mine that wants to sell his 08 RXT-X and it has 100 hrs on it. It has had regular service and proper winterization from the local dealer. Does it need the supercharger overhaul that other older Seadoo models need? Ceramic washers to steel washers? Ski is real nice and I know how it has been ridden and maintained. Let me know what you think. Thanks TJCIN.

+1
    08 Supercharger washers are good ones. You need to check under the ski, in the pump tunnel to see if it is cracked. If it has 100 hrs and it does not take on water the tunnel is probably good.

No matter what the year the supercharger it will need to be rebuilt every 100 hours.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tjcin View Post
    Do the 08 models have the same issues as the other Seadoo superchargers? I have a friend of mine that wants to sell his 08 RXT-X and it has 100 hrs on it. It has had regular service and proper winterization from the local dealer. Does it need the supercharger overhaul that other older Seadoo models need? Ceramic washers to steel washers? Ski is real nice and I know how it has been ridden and maintained. Let me know what you think. Thanks TJCIN.
    No ceramics in that model, but the SC is required to be rebuilt every 100 hours otherwise I believe they can void the warranty on it if you have a problem. As I recall it states this in the 08 manual, but I'm going off memory. Troy is right about the pump tunnels cracking on the 08; keep an eye on it.

Thanks for the input guys. Anything other than the tunnel I should be looking at? Also, if the tunnel does have problems, are there any fixes for it?

+1
    Other that the tunnel no. Mine cracked early, 21 hrs, got it fixed and reinforced and never looked back. Absolutely love the ski. Do a search on how to reinforce the tunnel. Seems kinda tough, but not really that bad.

OK, I have the ski today, to ride and assess. I have a 99 GTX Limited with a 951 and it is hard to believe how smooth this machine is compared to the old 2 stroke. I rode the RXT-X for a few minutes this morning and put it on my trailer. I inspected the pump tunnel very carefully and there is not one crack. Would it be safe to assume that with 100 hours on it, the pump tunnel is one of the good ones? If I buy this ski, I think I will still have the epoxy poured in and the reinforcement done inside the hull. Here on Lake Erie today, the wind is calm and the lake is fairly flat. I will post later today after I have ridden it for a few hours. Keep the input coming. TJCIN

+1
    OK, I have the ski today, to ride and assess. I have a 99 GTX Limited with a 951 and it is hard to believe how smooth this machine is compared to the old 2 stroke. I rode the RXT-X for a few minutes this morning and put it on my trailer. I inspected the pump tunnel very carefully and there is not one crack. Would it be safe to assume that with 100 hours on it, the pump tunnel is one of the good ones? If I buy this ski, I think I will still have the epoxy poured in and the reinforcement done inside the hull. Here on Lake Erie today, the wind is calm and the lake is fairly flat. I will post later today after I have ridden it for a few hours. Keep the input coming. TJCIN
    Yea, 100 hrs sounds like a good one. I prob would do the reinforcement anyways for piece of mind. And like YoYamma said its time to have the SC rebuilt, so this winter get it all done and have a worry free riding season next year.

Troy, what do you think a fair price would be for a one owner, 08 RXT-X would be? That is, with the supercharger service done and no trailer. Thanks TJCIN

+1
    Troy, what do you think a fair price would be for a one owner, 08 RXT-X would be? That is, with the supercharger service done and no trailer. Thanks TJCIN
    Around 6800 - 6900 bucks.

Ed

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information