Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

got a water leak today cant seem to find from where

lastnite i installed the jd intake and catch can to try it out today i took her out for a spin and noticed a decent amount of water in the hull nothing that i see is leaking seems to be building up in the front half of the ski i did some adjusting with the steering cable where it goes to the nozzle to straighten the bars out with the nozzle but i didnt see anything coming in from that fitting guess tomorrow i gotta vacuum it out and take another look

+1
    My hose connection leaks even with the cap on. I think it has since day one. Just one of many things to check.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by db2540 View Post
    My hose connection leaks even with the cap on. I think it has since day one. Just one of many things to check.
    Are you referring to the flush port? I believe mine has been spraying from this very same spot since day one as well, although it seems it has developed another leak from somewhere else that I can't seem to find...even had it reved to 2500 rpm, with it still on the trailer, backed into the water, with the seats off and couldn't see it spraying from anywhere.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by C Dawg222 View Post
    Are you referring to the flush port? I believe mine has been spraying from this very same spot since day one as well, although it seems it has developed another leak from somewhere else that I can't seem to find...even had it reved to 2500 rpm, with it still on the trailer, backed into the water, with the seats off and couldn't see it spraying from anywhere.
    did the same today cant seem to find the damn leak seems like its building up under the front of the motor

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wave15stx View Post
    lastnite i installed the jd intake and catch can to try it out today i took her out for a spin and noticed a decent amount of water in the hull nothing that i see is leaking seems to be building up in the front half of the ski i did some adjusting with the steering cable where it goes to the nozzle to straighten the bars out with the nozzle but i didnt see anything coming in from that fitting guess tomorrow i gotta vacuum it out and take another look
    Did you have the pump tunnel reinforced, if not, it could have a crack.
    Another area to check is the intermediate housing, also the hose behind it that covers the driveshaft.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DP. View Post
    Did you have the pump tunnel reinforced, if not, it could have a crack.
    Another area to check is the intermediate housing, also the hose behind it that covers the driveshaft.
    Would the intermediate housing cause it to leak more the faster you go though? Mine seems to take on more water, the faster I go...leading me to believe it's a high pressure hose leak. The transom plate has been realigned and resealed so I doubt it would be coming from there. I think it's going to take two ppl to find my leak, riding under cruise conditions...one manning the controls, one looking in the back

+1
    i had a leak and couldnt find where it was coming from for ages ,

so i double my mate and he could see water squirting in from the transom plate .............. when we try to find the like with ski on trailer couldnt see where it was coming from thats when my mate dany from dansjet power jump on back of my ski backwards then i opened it up and when it was under laod see the leak.

+1
    i got my pumptunnel reinforced where would the water come in from if it where the transom plate or intermediate housing? how much water u guys getting in ur skis?

+1
    Yes flush port.

+1
    think i might have found the leak i trimmed the syphon tube recently and because of the angle i think water was coming in from there at high rpms i plugged it all up and ill check it

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information