Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ultra 250 Cavitation

stock 07 ultra 250 i have posted video seems cavitation trouble as it does not accelerate from a start without bogging down the rpms dropping and starting back again. i inspected the silicone seal around pump area all looked fine. inside view red arrow is a little black piece at base of impeller that plastic piece is cracked all the way down, cant really see in pic. the red arrow on outside view pic looks like there is wear on all those fins on the piece directly behind the impeller. from the sound of the video and the pics what could be causing the bogging at start

video:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03345.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	212371   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03343.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	212372  

+1
    the video tells nothing!! leading edges look a bit rough i would sharpen them up, the pump vein is machined with those cut outs the rubber seals always split and fall out no biggy. check you clearances to sleeve.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ryangt View Post
    stock 07 ultra 250 i have posted video seems cavitation trouble as it does not accelerate from a start without bogging down the rpms dropping and starting back again. i inspected the silicone seal around pump area all looked fine. inside view red arrow is a little black piece at base of impeller that plastic piece is cracked all the way down, cant really see in pic. the red arrow on outside view pic looks like there is wear on all those fins on the piece directly behind the impeller. from the sound of the video and the pics what could be causing the bogging at start

video:
    "it does not accelerate from a start without bogging down the rpms dropping and starting back again"
    cavitation cause wheel spin on take off......Not bogging down......
    So cavitation it is not , but yes your pump will need the clearance reduced if you have done more than 50 hrs on the clock

Plugs
    belt
    BOV
    trumpet
    this has beed mention 33,567 time before as the basic check list/ maintance items....

Waz

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    the video tells nothing!! leading edges look a bit rough i would sharpen them up, the pump vein is machined with those cut outs the rubber seals always split and fall out no biggy. check you clearances to sleeve.
    i was able to pause the video and see rpms go up and then down and go back up. but oh well. thank you for letting me know they are already machined that way on the piece behind impeller. and about plastic cap

Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    "it does not accelerate from a start without bogging down the rpms dropping and starting back again"
    cavitation cause wheel spin on take off......Not bogging down......
    So cavitation it is not , but yes your pump will need the clearance reduced if you have done more than 50 hrs on the clock

Plugs
    belt
    BOV
    trumpet
    this has beed mention 33,567 time before as the basic check list/ maintance items....

Waz
    that brings up a good new idea, this probably isnt from cavitation, as i originally thought. im going to start looking at it from that view

is the trumpet the exhaust ? im thinking about looking into blocking the Bov or maybe tightening some screw in it, maybe it just blows out on starting load, the plugs are new and did this before and after new plugs, the belt seems on there really good and air hose all look like they are on good

Yo Waz, are you sure it wasnt 33,562 times, i'm pretty sure it wasnt 33,567 times

+1
    Yo Waz, are you sure it wasnt 33,562 times, i'm pretty sure it wasnt 33,567 times
    he cant count let alone spell.

trumpet is the air horn on your air box, in the engine bay up under the steering column. Its flimsy rubber and needs to be super duper glued in not the monkey grip kawi use.

+1
    is the trumpet the exhaust ? im thinking about looking into blocking the Bov or maybe tightening some screw in it, maybe it just blows out on starting load, the plugs are new and did this before and after new plugs, the belt seems on there really good and air hose all look like they are on good
    just put a rubber cap over it ........easier than blocking it off and cheaper if you cant fab a plate up........

+1
    remove ECU cover in storage compartment , look inside and look at the LHS of the ski and you will see the trumpet on the airbox, just ensure its not floating around.Many have been loose.........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information