Help needed ! ! !

Hi everyone I took my stock rxpx 255 out today 1st time in a few weeks after a couple of warm up laps the oil light came on and it starting beeping so I crawled in about 70 metres I checked the dip stick and it was empty of oil so I put 1litre in and after 5 minutesi went back out after 1 lap the light came bk on and I could smell burning I looked behind me and there was loads of grey almost White smoke coming out I cut the engine out and got towed back in I took the ski out and checked the oil again it was empty I checked every where inside for oil leaks couldn't find any someone checked the oil pump by undoing the top and turning it over the oil pumped out I put a riva grate on before I went out today but I wouldn't think that was to do with it. Many thanks

Help anyone please

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    sounds like you may have a seriousely blown head gasket if you are filling it up enough and it is running out and it isnt in the hull..it is going somewhere if the coolant has oil in it or the oil has coolant in it it is a head gasket...most likely

+1
    Are you having problems with your coolant overflow being overfilled? Try it with the engine is cold and crank the engine. Most of the time if it's blowing compression into the water jackets it will push the coolant back through the cooling system. A bubble or two every so often is fine... butif you can feel compression pulses through the overflow hose, you probably have a problem. Best of luck with it and keep us posted.

Hi thanks for the replys we done a compression test today 2 pots were fine but the 1 nearest the rear had high compression and had some water in it ??? The coolant bottle is still the same as when I last filled it ???. Can anyone pin point the problem. Many thanks

+1
    Did it sit for a while, water or oil could have made its way into that cylinder and displaced the air, causing the compression to be much higher in that hole. Pull that plug ad spin the motor over to clear it if possible. Also the valve seal or guide on that cylinder may have allowed oil to be pulled into that hole or that cylinder was having problems from not a good burn causing misfires etc. Just something else to check. I've also heard others have problems with carbon build up, sometimes giving the same result of high compression. Keep us posted.

Hi we turned it over a few times the water in that pot blasted out but after a few minutes alittle bit more was back in there. I think your right about it havin more compression because of the amount water in it. Many thanks

Sorry forgot to say the ski had been sitting for around 6 weeks. Thanks

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    looks like it is time to pull the head...and give alook ...throw a block guard in and use a oem gasket...and torque per manual..if you fo riva head studs i reccomend going to 90 to 95 ..not the 85 reccomended...

Thread Information