oil switch plz helpppp

how can i bypass the oil sensor thenks 2003 honda aquatrax turbo
    the ski when rev to 5k rpm it go in to limp mode and oil light comes on when i diconect the plug it runs perfect oil levels is perfct but every time i turn the ski on i have to diconect the plug help me plz do i need like a resistor or something thenks

Jax, Florida
    The ECM must be looking for the switch to be closed during the boot-up. Why don't you put a ohm meter on it and see if it ever opens showing oil pressure. You may need to remove it and clean it.

if you've gotten water in your oil at some point it can get into the oil switch and give false readings. remove the switch and clean it. Keep in mind Honda uses a low and high oil pressure switch.

replace the low and high oil pressure switches. my 05 r12x did the same thing. call a honda dealer and order the sensors. one is 50 and the other is 60$. you can change them both yourself they are both by the oil filter.

Mines doing the same thing. (06 r-12x) Did changing the oil switches solve the problem? I read somewhere that if the ski has low oil pressure it shuts off but if its high it goes into limp mode. Mines going into limp mode in which it just cuts back when the oil light comes on it doesn't shut off. does this mean i can get away with changing only the high oil pressure switch?

Thread Information