getting 12 volts to red /purple wire cdi with orange wire mod

I just installed a new updated ignition kit in polaris 98 slh 700,all is well except I did the red/purple mod from cdi to the orange terminal,the orange terminal only gets 3.7 volts at cranking then 9.6 when you push bilge pump button,this is with spark plugs out both plug leads grounded.so needless to say no fire,If I put shop charger on battery it will let plugs fire,The problem is its not bad battery.batt has 126 volts at stbyI'm going to change batt as it drops to 9.6 while cranking,if that doesnt fix it any ideas gentlemen?thanks>Marvin

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjetskey View Post
    I just installed a new updated ignition kit in polaris 98 slh 700,all is well except I did the red/purple mod from cdi to the orange terminal,the orange terminal only gets 3.7 volts at cranking then 9.6 when you push bilge pump button, this is with spark plugs out both plug leads grounded.

so needless to say no fire,If I put shop charger on battery it will let plugs fire, The problem is its not bad battery. batt has 126 volts at stby

I'm going to change batt as it drops to 9.6 while cranking...
    Battery is weak. Voltage when battery is just sitting doesn't tell you anything useful about battery health. Voltage while cranking is the important measurement.

Test again with a strong battery (well over 10.6 volts at battery while cranking).

If Red/Purple is showing well over 10.6 while cranking but Orange is still showing less than 10.6, then replace the LR voltage regulator module.

thanks thats what i was thinking,I have learned alot from you it was bad ground on engine!!!thanks for your help!!!>Marvin

Thread Information