+1

Exclamation Latest cam profiles

I have deleted all my pm`s by mistake. I can`t remember who sent me (fax) a chart with latest 4tec cam profiles. Who ever it was pm me back please as I`m ready to have my cam grind done.

Thanks,

James Roos

+1
    bump,,I gotta get in touch with him.

Quote Originally Posted by HOSS View Post
    bump,,I gotta get in touch with him.
    HOSS,

Get with Miketrin (our admin guru)...I would think there is a way he can retrieve deleted info by making a request to the server, at least that is what we do at work when something like this happens...

+1

Talking

Done,,,the person in question pm`d already. Will be orderring all my stuff this week from Jerry`s store.

I`ve got someone but who is it that most use for port work on these motors? Pricing?

Thanks,,,,,,,time for a lil umpf with that grunt. Trying to get a head start before next years mudbug.

Quote Originally Posted by HOSS View Post
    I`ve got someone but who is it that most use for port work on these motors? Pricing?
    Nils Castillo or Mark Underwood. Nils in Cali was the one who actually did my work.

+1
    What are the "real world" numbers they are getting after port and bowl work? What compression pistons are these guys recommending with their flow bench results? Taking into considerration boost pressures.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    HOSS....

check this link, scroll down.. "Intake porting secrets" ... talks about port velocity and has graphs and results from his testing..

http://mototuneusa.com/think_fast.htm

what are your thoughts about it?

+1
    Thanks shibby,,I know this guy as he also shares the same veiw as I on break in.
    I am looking for cc`s that these guys do. Thats what I am referring to with the word numbers. Flow bench guru`s know what I meen with the statement.

Just a quick scroll through (as its been quite a while since I`ve conversed with this cat) he is right on with velocity. But velocity and volume have a deffinative line just like streetable and race. Velocity on intake ports for this motor is, without question,thrown out the window since we are forced induction. When you get into much higher boost levels its all about flow. We are talking head porting and chamber design/cc. On the exhaust side, velocity is the key but at rpm`s above 6g (in my experience) velocity takes a side to flow. But this again depends on the system and given vehicles capabilities of a system to be fabricated. Exhaust tuning is real world on damn near every vehicle type. Example: 3" exhaust on a Honda Accord thats driven on the street. Not realistic since curbs and road conditions come into play. And what is the operating range of that vehicle on the street.
    I`m sure Nitro could explain alot of this much deeper than I and there are basic formulas to go by.
    Last edited by HOSS; 10-23-2006 at 01:02 PM.

I have always broken in my engines the same way as well. Good read, Shibby. JB weld in the engine tho....scaryyyy

I wouldn't use JB Weld but have used epoxy that is specified for using in ports. Res bond is good for 2300 F in ports. I have a buddy that preps the lifter valley on 455 Buick blocks for roller cams with Devcon putty, never a problem.

http://www.ruffstuff.com/pages/kits.html#epoxy

Thread Information