Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nos

+1

Nos

Has any one put nos on their ski. If i put my other impeller and pump I run 68.9 mph in the 1/4 mile and pull 7600 7700 rpm. on the o6 rxp a low shot of spray could bring me up to 8000 8100 rpms and cool the intake air down so I would not need to put a bigger ic on. and no rrfpr. looking for some info

+1
    Ok if I am toying with this it must have been done. Even ideas on the subject would help.

And yes I want a rocket on the water!

+1
    You use nos for a competition, like a drag race or so. If you want to gain some RPMs you are better off upgrading your supercharger to an x charger and you rwill be real happy.

+1
    yep Have the x sc and 42s wanting to go a another way. dont need the hp for every day use. But change pump and arm the spray. to race so I can turn the taller impeller. for race day. Yes I race 1/4 mile drags in the mid west sldba sdba kdba and lucas.

+1
    I haven't personally done it on a ski but it's not like a car where you have gears to switch. Too much spray and you can say bye bye to your motor. I would go another route like get an ecu or something. Alot safer then Nos.

+1
    Do know that bad things happen when you hit the rev. limiter while you are on the bottle but cant the impeller work as gears. the taller the impeller the more hp needed to spin it. just looking at taller impeller to bring down rpms and the spray to push them back up while trying to stay off limiter by 100 to 150 rpms

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by primorxp View Post
    Do know that bad things happen when you hit the rev. limiter while you are on the bottle but cant the impeller work as gears. the taller the impeller the more hp needed to spin it. just looking at taller impeller to bring down rpms and the spray to push them back up while trying to stay off limiter by 100 to 150 rpms
    I have no clue, since i've never ran Nos on a jet ski I wouldn't be able to translate RPM gain to how much Nos to shoot. What I guess is for about 100 RPMs a 25 or so shot should probably be enough. But I really don't know to be honest.

+1
    IF, and thats a big IF, you were to do it... I would put a small shot far down the intake tract allowing the nitrous to cool the charge more and dissipate some of the heat in the charge. By adding to much nitrous, or to close to the throttlebody, you would get into a situation where nitrous would actually be entering the motor and you would need some type of fuel compensation as a result of the more dense oxygen rich intake charge. If the ski has, which I'm a newb to the Sea Doo, an air intake sensor which relates to the ecu determining the duration of injector pulse etc relative to intake temps then it could be possible to use a very small shot. From my experience with charged applications, a little goes a long way. If you were to do it, and I'm not suggesting it...I would suggest using a pressure swith based on manifold pressure to activate the solenoid and use an rpm window switch as a precautionary with a predetermined rpm window up to the rev limiter to shut off the solenoid in event you hit the limiter. I would find the smallest jet possible, maybe a 14 thousandths or so and start there. Put a nitrous filter in line though if so because the opening of the jet will be tiny. Not what I would do, but IF I did, I would consider something similar to what I described. In a lot of the pro sanctioned drag racing (motorcycle) classes, nitrous coupled with any type of forced induction is not legal for a reason...its cheap and it works. Guys spend countless hours of r&d and fabrication on intercoolers where you can essentially do the same thing with a few hundred bucks worth of nitrous accessories. Good luck with it if in fact you decide to try it.

+1
    so if i take this on put the shot further away from from the intake pre. sc or post. to give it time to cool and the sensor can set spark duration. Will be talking to a guy that runs a gas nos pro mod drag boat to get more info and do some reading. but want all the info I can get
    thanks john

I don't see the NOS thing working to well on ski's since ideally you want to prop your ski to run just below your limiter to get good power. with NOS your going to be all over your limiter depending on the amount used and when applied. If you used it in the low to mid range to get you moving and then pulled it at RPM you might be ok.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information