Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

sucked up boulder... disturbing pics inside

OK, it was really a rock, but it caused a LOT more damage than I thought it did. It messed up everything it possibly could have. It chewed up the leading edge of the prop, scuffed up the wear ring pretty bad, and even the damn transom ring.

So I go to pull off the wear ring, and one of the 4 bolts is seized in. Have to get out the big ratchet to keep backing it out, and the head of the bolt snapped off.

Hammered on an easy out socket and backed that sucker right out. About two of the threads came out on the bolt. Ran a tap through the bolt hole and got it all cleaned up nicely. Plenty of threads will still engage that I am not worried about it. Very glad I do not have to pull the transom plate off entirely.

I did this beaching my ski along with a bunch of other skis but I was the only one who found this little buried treasure in the sand. Anyone have a spare wear ring?

+1
    Ouch!!!! That really sucks man....Not a cheap fix either. Did you say you were beaching your skis?!

i will get all the rest i need when im dead corkycat's Avatar
    +1
    hitman my wear ring was way way worse than that due to me not tightening the prop up and when i revved the ski the prop walked up the shaft and burried itself in my ring. i repaired my ring with belzona 1111, and it is as good as new, im 110% you can repair that the same. i have replied to posts regarding this belzona regarding other damage... if you cant find any i will send you some enough to do the job free of charge as its £350 uk pounds for the part A and £300 uk pounds for the part B.

+1
    As far as pump fodder goes is a boulder sorry it made such a mess..

+1
    That's weird--I just pulled my buddies pump last night. He lets everyone ride his 09 FZR (stock) and someone sucked some stones into it and the prop is not good.

It's a bit funny to me--a couple months ago I saw them drive the ski on the lift and kind of power on with the throttle and I told them they shouldn't do that. Then the water level went down some...

I saw a person on a Polaris have to "rock" the ski while hitting the throttle last Sunday because she was beached. WTF??? Must've thought she was driving her SUV.

BTW Todd, you might have a bit too much leading edge now.

+1
    Nice job buddy!

+1
    Damn , thats a real bummer . I learnt my lesson @ 15 hrs i beached the ski and when i went to restart it had picked up a rock which locked up on start up ..solid ( very very lucky ) . I had a 10klm walk plus a 2klm swim and $250 tow bill to get me home , all the while i was thinking about the damage and the repair bill .

I was able to knock the rock which was perfectly smooth out with a timber dowl and one tap . Not a mark on the prop , ring or housing .

Yours looks exactly like i thought i was going to see .I'm super paranoid about beaching or where i start the ski ever since.I still have the rock on my lounge room table ...it's my lucky rock .

Hope it sorts out ok .

+1

KTHNX

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 08SHOC View Post
    Damn , thats a real bummer . I learnt my lesson @ 15 hrs i beached the ski and when i went to restart it had picked up a rock which locked up on start up ..solid ( very very lucky ) . I had a 10klm walk plus a 2klm swim and $250 tow bill to get me home , all the while i was thinking about the damage and the repair bill .

I was able to knock the rock which was perfectly smooth out with a timber dowl and one tap . Not a mark on the prop , ring or housing .

Yours looks exactly like i thought i was going to see .I'm super paranoid about beaching or where i start the ski ever since.I still have the rock on my lounge room table ...it's my lucky rock .

Hope it sorts out ok .
    Not only that but think about this. Starting your ski close to beach sand is like sandblasting paint off of something. That sand going through that pump at that kind of pressure is destructive! Especially on the sides of your wear ring. I know all too well though, doing the anchor thing is a real pain in the butt..but, it's safest way to go.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Dam that sucks a fat one man! It sure molested that prop too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information