Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

X Charger question

I noticed one in the classified section and on Ebay. I thought you had to buy an entire XCharger for your SeaDoo. After seeing the housing and wheel for sale is it possible to send mine somewhere and have it rebuilt with the front housing and wheel for a cheaper price? I have an 06 RXT. I am looking to upgrade for next year to the X charger and 42 psi injectors. I have mods listed in my signature, so I am sure I will have to replace my impeller again after I do that so what would you suggest for an impeller change when I do that.

+1
    You have to have the rear housing machined. Its worth it if you have an extra and an 08 rebuild kit but otherwise you are better off finding a complete charger.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    You have to have the rear housing machined. Its worth it if you have an extra and an 08 rebuild kit but otherwise you are better off finding a complete charger.

+1

In the end it would be about the same price to buy a new x-charger. If you can get the machining done for free and do the 08 rebuild yourself then it might be a little cheaper to do it that way!

+1
    Depending on how much the wheel and front cover costs along with the rebuild kit which i know is 300.00 and installation, you may be better off just buying a complete new charger for 750.00...That way you know you have a brand new fresh charger...

the back housing is $125 on babbitts, so depending on how much everything else is, it might be worth it. but with the rebuild kit running $300, plus the cost of install or the time to do it yourself, i wouldn't touch just a front housing and wheel for more than $200, if even that high.

Thanks guys that made more sense to me. I didnt realize the rebuild kit etc was so much. At 200 for a wheel and front housing you still have about 650 in building your into a X Charger. I will look for a used X and some 42s in the classified when I get the money. What is my stock charger worth on average. I dont have any issues with it just want more power as usual LOL

i've seen the complete 215 chargers going for about $200 in the classifieds here and on e-bay.

Well thats not alot, but better than a cool looking paper weight on my desk LOL

Quote Originally Posted by race24x View Post
    Well thats not alot, but better than a cool looking paper weight on my desk LOL

if the project i'm planning works, there will be a higher demand for used 215 chargers, since not everyone will want to use the X-charger for it. the added boost of the X-charger is going to require a piggy back ECM, so the cost will increase compared to the 215 charger.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information