Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Ft. Bragg about to be Eglin AFB, Destin Fl.

Talking 2011 RXP-X or FZR

Serious question! Selling my current ski and picking up a new ski when I get back from Afghanistan. My riding will be on lakes and offshore riding. I have done a lot of research but still iffy on both! Not really sure.. The reliability of the fzr verses shear pwnage of the RXP-X 255... Please some advice? Location of riding will be around Destin Fl.

FZS if your riding more in the ocean
    Rxp X if your ride more in flat waters

Stock vs stock I find the RXPX more fun and a blast to ride. If there's any chop it bounces around and is a wetter ride. On the FZS you don't get beat up and the ride is much more drier. Both skis have given me zero problems and I love them both. I just feel one is better suited for flat vs ocean.

+1
    both awesome skis. 1000$ and you have a p-x doing 74-75 and since the 2011's didnt change you can prob find a nice deal on a leftover.

You're asking in the Se-Doo section... Pee on Yamis My buddy runs the FZS, which is the same as the FZR with a different seat, don't let the salesman tell you any different. I ride long distance on my P-X and do get beat up but haven't ever been left behind, normally the opposite. Depends on what you want. I like to go fast and screw around, much more fun on the P-X. I jump on the 3 seaters and yes they are a much smother ride but it's kind of like riding a motorcycle with a fairing. Your call. I'm actually switching to a 3 seater because like I said I do long distance riding. I know I wont be happy other than riding on a long rough day. I may keep both but will end up only riding one, the one I set up with all my gear. My P-X went across the ocean to the Bahamas and last week went 800 miles in Lk Huron... Hit some 7-10' seas too.

you rode from Florida to the Bahamas on a jet ski?

Is the rxp-x that brutal in open water?

+1
    well if you are riding in the ocean you may want to look at the Yamaha 2011 VXR all the speed without the S/C toubles .. More up time .. If you are looking to CC race then well the jurry is out.. I suggest you arks around.. ask the pros...

I admit my bias however i have seen many X's in the repair shop weekly. Either oat witll reqiure spare parts.. I answer anything you may ask. I have beaten and been beaten X's it comes down to riding style if you ask me. The cam all be fast can you make em steer ....LOL

KG

That is what I have been hearing about the X's. They seem to be not very dependable... I have a Yamaha right now and the ski in indestructible! I like the X because its smaller and is a two seater!!! The only thing about the fzr is that it’s pretty much a 3 seater. My time riding in Florida will probably be 75% bay/ocean and the rest lakes if I can find any. I really wish I could test both

+1
    I just recently bought an RXP-X (08' model) and LOVE it. I went from an ultra 250, which handled rough water great, but in my opinion doesn't hold a candle to the fit and finish of my X. And yes they are fast for a stock machine. Put an intake grate on them and a couple of free mods and you'll be surprised at how fast they actually are. I ride mostly calm water but this ski definitely has the fun factor. I thought getting beat up a little in rougher conditions was half the fun and more of a workout... LOL

I agree with you Ksalles but in the ocean maybe a differnt story haha... My local lake I swear is like the ocean half the time so it cant be that bad... I think I have made my mind up on getting the RXP-X 255... About how many hours can you run on the motor till it needs a re-build? Also is the x machine reliable?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information