Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates

Riva Stage II, FAIL

I know that the title is a little bit harsh, but correct me if i am wrong.

When Riva came out with Stage I for the Yamaha FZ series, the really managed to get the job done. Swirl wise i mean. The Solas 13/22R was exactly what this kit needed

Then the came out with Stage III (before Stage II ) the also did it again.

But when it comes to Stage II, which i am installing now, i noticed that there is no Swirl in the package!!! they didn't even recommend one on there web. All what we could get is suggestions and some guesses from their technical forums.

My FZR is on vacation now because of that, i am still waiting for the boost clamp which will be here in a week, but still trying to find out what to do with the swirl issue. I will go for an ECU later because i want to keep something for next year (My FZR is 2010), but why should i waste my money and do Riva's job testing different impellers while i know i will not use this swirl next year for my Stage III upgrade(if i could find the suitable one for this kit).

I love what is Riva doing, but don't you think that they rushed it some how?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FZR AD View Post

When Riva came out with Stage I for the Yamaha FZ series, the really managed to get the job done. Swirl wise i mean. The Solas 13/22R was exactly what this kit needed

But when it comes to Stage II, which i am installing now, i noticed that there is no Swirl in the package!!! they didn't even recommend one on there web. All what we could get is suggestions and some guesses from their technical forums.

My FZR is on vacation now because of that, i am still waiting for the boost clamp which will be here in a week, but still trying to find out what to do with the swirl issue. I will go for an ECU later because i want to keep something for next year (My FZR is 2010), but why should i waste my money and do Riva's job testing different impellers while i know i will not use this swirl next year for my Stage III upgrade(if i could find the suitable one for this kit).

Yup they surely did rush that stage 2. When i called them the only thing they could recommend me is a 13/25 with a pro reduction nozzle.

+1

Yup they surely did rush that stage 2. When i called them the only thing they could recommend me is a 13/25 with a pro reduction nozzle.

+1
    sorry about the double post my computer just start to freeze and i kept hitting the post quick reply button and it made a double post by accident.

Professional Alike Racer Clazz. Teerayoot's Avatar
    FZR AD

MoTec/ViPEC to come (still confused) ...
    so ton of threades discussed ,
    select what you want ,ViPEC might better
    becuase of active development ,
    you can see they release new soft/firm ware again and again,
    with new future in more fair price,

OH,forget stageII and to go III

Taking money away from the Z06 Fund
    +1

If you plan on going with the Motec/Vipec, I'd get that first, set your RPM limit and plan for the right Prop pitch from there. If you run on the stock ECU, you will need a totally different prop than you would with the Motec/Vipec with a Rev limit that is 800rpms higher.

Why did you buy the kit then? Sounds like it is on you and not Riva. Riva sells parts and not always is it going to be plug and play. And now you say your machine is vacation for this reason unreal! FYI, if you are not sure of what you are buying, don't buy it and them blame others. Just me 2 cents.

+1
    I think skat 13/23 or 13/24 will suit you perfectly possibly 13/25 depending on which ecu you go for. the skats work perfectly on modded engines..

+1
    I put on a 13/23 for the summer and it is great....8170 rpm's at 100 deg F air temp.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by txgp1300r View Post
    I put on a 13/23 for the summer and it is great....8170 rpm's at 100 deg F air temp.
    Not with a Riva Stage 2 kit and a stock rev limit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information