Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    FZR AD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
    Posts
    187

    Riva Stage II, FAIL

    I know that the title is a little bit harsh, but correct me if i am wrong.

    When Riva came out with Stage I for the Yamaha FZ series, the really managed to get the job done. Swirl wise i mean. The Solas 13/22R was exactly what this kit needed

    Then the came out with Stage III (before Stage II ) the also did it again.

    But when it comes to Stage II, which i am installing now, i noticed that there is no Swirl in the package!!! they didn't even recommend one on there web. All what we could get is suggestions and some guesses from their technical forums.

    My FZR is on vacation now because of that, i am still waiting for the boost clamp which will be here in a week, but still trying to find out what to do with the swirl issue. I will go for an ECU later because i want to keep something for next year (My FZR is 2010), but why should i waste my money and do Riva's job testing different impellers while i know i will not use this swirl next year for my Stage III upgrade(if i could find the suitable one for this kit).

    I love what is Riva doing, but don't you think that they rushed it some how?


  2. #2
    Kristian Keppel Waterholics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Posts
    1,405
    +1
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by FZR AD View Post
    I know that the title is a little bit harsh, but correct me if i am wrong.

    When Riva came out with Stage I for the Yamaha FZ series, the really managed to get the job done. Swirl wise i mean. The Solas 13/22R was exactly what this kit needed

    Then the came out with Stage III (before Stage II ) the also did it again.

    But when it comes to Stage II, which i am installing now, i noticed that there is no Swirl in the package!!! they didn't even recommend one on there web. All what we could get is suggestions and some guesses from their technical forums.

    My FZR is on vacation now because of that, i am still waiting for the boost clamp which will be here in a week, but still trying to find out what to do with the swirl issue. I will go for an ECU later because i want to keep something for next year (My FZR is 2010), but why should i waste my money and do Riva's job testing different impellers while i know i will not use this swirl next year for my Stage III upgrade(if i could find the suitable one for this kit).

    I love what is Riva doing, but don't you think that they rushed it some how?
    Yup they surely did rush that stage 2. When i called them the only thing they could recommend me is a 13/25 with a pro reduction nozzle.

  3. #3
    Kristian Keppel Waterholics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Posts
    1,405
    +1
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by FZR AD View Post
    I know that the title is a little bit harsh, but correct me if i am wrong.

    When Riva came out with Stage I for the Yamaha FZ series, the really managed to get the job done. Swirl wise i mean. The Solas 13/22R was exactly what this kit needed

    Then the came out with Stage III (before Stage II ) the also did it again.

    But when it comes to Stage II, which i am installing now, i noticed that there is no Swirl in the package!!! they didn't even recommend one on there web. All what we could get is suggestions and some guesses from their technical forums.

    My FZR is on vacation now because of that, i am still waiting for the boost clamp which will be here in a week, but still trying to find out what to do with the swirl issue. I will go for an ECU later because i want to keep something for next year (My FZR is 2010), but why should i waste my money and do Riva's job testing different impellers while i know i will not use this swirl next year for my Stage III upgrade(if i could find the suitable one for this kit).

    I love what is Riva doing, but don't you think that they rushed it some how?
    Yup they surely did rush that stage 2. When i called them the only thing they could recommend me is a 13/25 with a pro reduction nozzle.

  4. #4
    Kristian Keppel Waterholics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Posts
    1,405
    +1
    38
    sorry about the double post my computer just start to freeze and i kept hitting the post quick reply button and it made a double post by accident.

  5. #5
    Professional Alike Racer Clazz. Teerayoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Koa LumPoo!,Thailand
    Posts
    168
    FZR AD
    ...

    MoTec/ViPEC to come (still confused) ...
    so ton of threades discussed ,
    select what you want ,ViPEC might better
    becuase of active development ,
    you can see they release new soft/firm ware again and again,
    with new future in more fair price,



    OH,forget stageII and to go III

  6. #6
    Taking money away from the Z06 Fund
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, VA
    Posts
    560
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by FZR AD View Post
    I know that the title is a little bit harsh, but correct me if i am wrong.

    When Riva came out with Stage I for the Yamaha FZ series, the really managed to get the job done. Swirl wise i mean. The Solas 13/22R was exactly what this kit needed

    Then the came out with Stage III (before Stage II ) the also did it again.

    But when it comes to Stage II, which i am installing now, i noticed that there is no Swirl in the package!!! they didn't even recommend one on there web. All what we could get is suggestions and some guesses from their technical forums.

    My FZR is on vacation now because of that, i am still waiting for the boost clamp which will be here in a week, but still trying to find out what to do with the swirl issue. I will go for an ECU later because i want to keep something for next year (My FZR is 2010), but why should i waste my money and do Riva's job testing different impellers while i know i will not use this swirl next year for my Stage III upgrade(if i could find the suitable one for this kit).

    I love what is Riva doing, but don't you think that they rushed it some how?
    If you plan on going with the Motec/Vipec, I'd get that first, set your RPM limit and plan for the right Prop pitch from there. If you run on the stock ECU, you will need a totally different prop than you would with the Motec/Vipec with a Rev limit that is 800rpms higher.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by FZR AD View Post
    I know that the title is a little bit harsh, but correct me if i am wrong.

    When Riva came out with Stage I for the Yamaha FZ series, the really managed to get the job done. Swirl wise i mean. The Solas 13/22R was exactly what this kit needed

    Then the came out with Stage III (before Stage II ) the also did it again.

    But when it comes to Stage II, which i am installing now, i noticed that there is no Swirl in the package!!! they didn't even recommend one on there web. All what we could get is suggestions and some guesses from their technical forums.

    My FZR is on vacation now because of that, i am still waiting for the boost clamp which will be here in a week, but still trying to find out what to do with the swirl issue. I will go for an ECU later because i want to keep something for next year (My FZR is 2010), but why should i waste my money and do Riva's job testing different impellers while i know i will not use this swirl next year for my Stage III upgrade(if i could find the suitable one for this kit).

    I love what is Riva doing, but don't you think that they rushed it some how?
    Why did you buy the kit then? Sounds like it is on you and not Riva. Riva sells parts and not always is it going to be plug and play. And now you say your machine is vacation for this reason unreal! FYI, if you are not sure of what you are buying, don't buy it and them blame others. Just me 2 cents.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    the moon
    Posts
    862
    +1
    19
    I think skat 13/23 or 13/24 will suit you perfectly possibly 13/25 depending on which ecu you go for. the skats work perfectly on modded engines..

  9. #9
    txgp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas , Texas
    Posts
    3,382
    +1
    165
    I put on a 13/23 for the summer and it is great....8170 rpm's at 100 deg F air temp.

  10. #10
    hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    4,328
    +1
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by txgp1300r View Post
    I put on a 13/23 for the summer and it is great....8170 rpm's at 100 deg F air temp.
    Not with a Riva Stage 2 kit and a stock rev limit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Rivas Stage II without power cooler
    By RXgottaP in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2006, 06:51 AM
  2. Riva Stage II w/ Rotax ECU
    By INDY27 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 04-10-2006, 10:45 AM
  3. Riva Stage II riders. . .
    By 05RXPnoob in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-03-2006, 04:07 AM
  4. Riva Stage II with Waterbox Mod
    By johnD in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-23-2006, 11:16 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-14-2005, 09:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •