+1

Question Advice needed and what eles could be wrong.

A few weeks ago one of my RXP X's took on a lot of water. It was 3/4 under water to say cuz someone towed it in backwards. I drained the water on the trailer by putting it on the ramp and pulling the plugs and did not start it or try to. I took it to Dee's Marina in Clinton Twp Michigan right away, where I bought the machines brand new. I told them what happen and so fourth. I also did the regular maintence to get both super chargers rebuilt at 100 hours. Which cost $580 to rebuild. I got my machines back Thursday so I was excited to get both back on the water after they had them for almost 2 weeks. The one machine ran fine and had no problems. Before I put the other one in I wanted to see if it could start, so i tried starting it said the 12v battery was low so I hooked my 12v 2 amp slow charger up to it, charged fully in about 3 or 4 hours. Put it in the water got about 200 feet from the dock and had one loud beep that wouldnt stop with oil light. I also had a code flash up P1690 which means trim VTS i notice my trim was not working properly would come down after holding it for 5 seconds or longer and only go to level then it would go back up and not come back down unless i took the key out and put it back in. This is where I became upset thinking the dealer would of checked the whole machine over for things like this after taking on water, but wait I pulled the dip stick and notice the stick had looked like it was sitting in a bowl of ceral. The dealer had charge me a total of $1,489 to get oil changed in both and the one checked out to be in working order. I told the dealer I did not care what it cost to get it running order the parts you need to get it back in tip top shape. The had 2 full weeks to do this, yet I get a machine back that is not running. So I took it to another dealer K & W in Utica Michigan where they had done some prop and wear ring work when i sucked up a rock last season. And had no problems with anything. So I need some advice on what I should also beware of and what I should check or have them check or ask them what to look for or at incase we missed anything. I just want to have both working for this weekend

Banned User
    +1
    Getting a VTS code or something similar can be indicative of a dead battery...

Look, that oil will have to get changed and changed again, maybe 5-6 times to get it anywhere near 'good enough'... I'm a bit worried it has been so long since drowning and its still got water in the engine, I'm not too sure what could be happening in the motor but you need to get that motor running after 5-6 oil changes and 1 oil filter change and boil out the remaining water....
    (Ask them how many oil changes they did in that service)

To get it running, I would swap batteries with your other ski and at least rule out a faulty battery...
    Have a looksee what happens when you do that.... Batteries are funny things, especially if emersed in salt water for an extended period to say the least!

If it was me: I'd check to make sure it had at least 3 oil changes, swap the batteries, and get that motor running and boil out the liquid ASAP.

+1
    If your oil looks like cereal you could have some serious issues bro. Get that taken care of asap!

Banned User
    +1
    I think a key bit of information might also be: Why was it towed in the first place?!

By cereal I'm guessing he's saying 'white' or milky, so that's water in the oil by my guess...

+1

Angry

It was towed because it started to storm n the people didnt know the correct way of towing it they towed it in backwards. You would think have a 45 foot yacht you would have boating expertise. Guess not. I took it to the dealer ASAP next day and they said they changed the oil 4 times, cereal yes i do mean milky water. Thanks for the tip on the battery for VTS. But doesnt explain why the dealer didnt keep changing the oil or boil out the rest or properly take the time to check everything over after running it and letting it sit. What the F*** did they do for 2 weeks is my question Again this was a legit SEADOO dealer.

+1
    Update on the Ski K & W called me back and said they got the VTS working just need to be dryed out and re greased and works fine. They were saving me $390 by just buying the switch and making a few wire cuts to solder it back together reall nice so it be only $70.00 but they called back saying they got it to work but I do need a oil pressure switch which is only $28.00 so far so good anyone in the Macomb area I recommend going to K & W they are very nice and never guide you in the wrong direction sure they could said they need the VTS switch and charged me the $70.00 anyways and I prob would of never known. But being an honest dealer they are it was nice of them to call and let me know.

Limerick, Ireland. Sea riding Kilkee, Co. Clare... masssive!!
    Bad buzz on ski getting flooded... Was it in sea water? Think you might have elec probs at later date if was and let sit for couple weeks, have seen pins etc corrode over time if not washed properly, which is hard to do.. Best of luck

+1
    Hes fresh water on the great lakes. But water in engine is bad no matter what
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Connell-Ireland View Post
    Bad buzz on ski getting flooded... Was it in sea water? Think you might have elec probs at later date if was and let sit for couple weeks, have seen pins etc corrode over time if not washed properly, which is hard to do.. Best of luck

+1
    Got the ski back from K&W starts right up on the trailer they got the VTS working just needed and oil pressure switch and I gotta rinse the hull out from the boil out. They said take some soapy water ride around real quick then put it on the trailer and drain it. Cuz in the parking lot i pulled the drain plugs out and some milky oil was coming out from both sides.

+1
    I figured I will update this when I can now that I'm having another problem from dees. Costing me about $4,000 due to the supercharger rebuild they did during this time. Stay posted

Thread Information