Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

What is up with pump bearing on the 15F's?

Does anybody know if there is compatability problem between a solas impeller and the pump bearings on a 07 15F?? This is the 3rd time since May that I have had to replace these damn bearings. They did manage to save the pump this time after the impeller scraped one side it it.

The shaft was checked to see if it was bent or deformed, nothing wrong there , replaced the shaft anyway. The entire pump has been replaced and now the bearings in it have gone out. This is testing my patients like nothing ever has before. If anybody knows anything please say so.. Its making me want to shit can the thing and get a bike.

I have a thread too about a vibration on my 08, Im thinking pump bearings too! 42 hrs on ski

+1
    I saw your thread on this a minute ago . If you have a rattling niose just off idle that last well up into the RPM's then bet on the pump bearing, from what i have found out today.. the front bearing appears to be fine, but spin it a little on your finger and it starts getting noisy. I don't know if you have a solas impeller or not but the tech and I both are thinking that there is a compatability problem between the the impeller and the shaft. I will try to post pics later. I was just too pissed off when he found it to worry with pics. The bearing kit is about $55.00 and the labor is going to be a couple hundred. Hope you have that Good Times Protection plan.

I still have the stock imp, but now im betting on the bearings too, i didnt take the pump off yet tho

+1
    Dont take it off , just take it to the dealer and let then deal with it. I am seeing something that looks like a thust washer and that means there is some tight tolerances that have to be met. Now if you have a manual you could try it. My dealer called kawasaki and is talking to them about it. He has taken a micrometer to everything on this pump, the impeller , everything that can be measured he is measuring it. They are asking for all the measurements pictures, any signs of abuse you name it they are asking for it. He is trying to get them to eat the cost, which he is pretty good about doing. Mean while there is some hoops that have to be jumped thru. I will jeep you posted. Hopefully someone can give some input to this.

my warranty ran out, so ill take it off, feel for roughness in spin and if a problem send it to impros, after this weekend of coarse

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by STX-15FER View Post
    Does anybody know if there is compatability problem between a solas impeller and the pump bearings on a 07 15F?? This is the 3rd time since May that I have had to replace these damn bearings. They did manage to save the pump this time after the impeller scraped one side it it.

The shaft was checked to see if it was bent or deformed, nothing wrong there , replaced the shaft anyway. The entire pump has been replaced and now the bearings in it have gone out. This is testing my patients like nothing ever has before. If anybody knows anything please say so.. Its making me want to shit can the thing and get a bike.
    has the prop be checked ....I have seen out of spec solas props destroy bearing over and over ...good luck getting kawi to cover someone else prop
    Engine alignment WILL destroy pump bearing very fast if its way out..........
    The person putting the pumps in BETTER be checking it...
    If it is still out it WILL continue to eat pumps till it is corrected

Not saying that it is the prob,,,, Just it can and will cause your early bearing failures

Something else to consider , has the same person been replacing the pumps........repetitive human error ( are they putting the pump together correctly eg are the seal in correctly )

others dont have this repeat problem....so maybe the aftermkt part is the problem..

just thinking out loud

Waz

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveski View Post
    my warranty ran out, so ill take it off, feel for roughness in spin and if a problem send it to impros, after this weekend of coarse
    I understand not wanting to loose 1 weekend riding............BUT
    if the pump fails and hurts the engine you will be of the water for more than 1 weekend

just something to consider

its only a 1hr in -out to inspec bearing condition with some very basic tools

allan key for ride plate
    12mm for steering nozzle
    14mm for pump bolts
    3 or so hose clamps for cooling lones
    10mm for steering cable
    and some time and a small amount of knowledge and belief that u can do it...... a workshop manual helps when it all turns to poo

Waz

+1
    good luck if kawasaki are going to warrant fitting a solas prop

Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    I understand not wanting to loose 1 weekend riding............BUT
    if the pump fails and hurts the engine you will be of the water for more than 1 weekend

just something to consider

its only a 1hr in -out to inspec bearing condition with some very basic tools

allan key for ride plate
    12mm for steering nozzle
    14mm for pump bolts
    3 or so hose clamps for cooling lones
    10mm for steering cable
    and some time and a small amount of knowledge and belief that u can do it...... a workshop manual helps when it all turns to poo

Waz
    the voice of reason, Damn party pooper! I will take it out this week and check bearings, hopefully all is well and i still can use it this weekend

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information