Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Valve lubrication

The age old story of dropping a valve..... I'd do anything to stop this happening, apart from removing the head and swapping the valves out!

How can I lube my stems, I hear there is some kind of kit that fits the throttle body, used primarily to lube the butterfly shaft but surely this can be used to fog the whole inlet... and valves... Another one is the fogging kit that drills through the manifold nipples.... good idea but im using one for the BOV?!

Looking for an idea that means i dont have to strip the charger pipe off everytime to fog...

any ideas? locations of kits?

my ski is a 2005 rxp

cheers

+1
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...-for-SC-4-Tecs

The tread starts out about octane booster but transforms into BnDautomoves AcesIV
    Read the thread, go to the website I listed.

Quite a few people here are using his products, me included. I use if for the upper cylinder lubrication and for the valves. So far so good.

If you have any questions, Brian the owner will answer the phone and explain all his products and how they work. Tell him Steve The Canuck with the Jeep sent you!

Yeah sounds like a good option as an octane booster and yes with the added lead substitute would offer lubrication to the valves, however I'm looking for a more direct application of lubing them.

Its a good idea but for me not so cost effective as I'm in the UK. plus our gas has an octane level of 99RON (Shell Vpower)

ok i have a 05 rxp with 325 hrs to winterize i take off fuel rail and load each injector hole with fogging oil and take out plugs and put in plug holes put plugs back in new plugs in spring did this ever since new it has a stage 2+ now runs great

+1
    I was thinking about making up a fogging kit like the les cooke kit for my ski. I was wondering the same thing though.... where do I hook up my boost guage? I know that when I had a turbo charged car we just put a vacum manifold on there so you could hook up what ever you wanted and just plugged of what ever ports are not being used.

+1
    Where exactly do these valves break? I can't see how fogging any cylinder will keep a valve STEM from breaking maybe the face of the valve itself but not the stem! If you are concerned with the stem then your choice of oil will make the differance.

If a machine sits for an extended period of time without fogging oil in there due to the moisture in the hull things will start to rust and corrode. This affects the older valves more then the updated ones. Also I have read that some guys running high horsepower, high heat setups are having issues with the older valves as well

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    water from the waterbox will cause the exhaust valves to rust, specially ppl running in saltwater, the moisture from the waterbox will make its way back up the exhaust manifold into the valves.

I had an idea of maybe making a drain plug at the bottom of the waterbox, to drain all the water from it.

+1
    Lack of lubrication is not causing the 04-05 valves to break. There just weak in those model years. Change them out so you dont have to worry

+1
    what i dont understand is that every brp seadoo dealership ive called in ontario canada have never heard of anything like this of the valve commenly breaking and customers needing a rebuild or new engine...... if it was that common of a problem they'd be dropping like flys , there are tons of pre 06 ski's out there

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information